|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
getting new seats, have a question
So i want to get new seats. I'm thinking about going up to Summit some time today. The only thing is, when i talked to everyone about aftermarket seats, they always tell me I'll need to fabricate my own brackets. Summit doesn't even have vehicle specific brackets. What can I do? Am I able to somehow rip the brackets off of my stock seats and use those or what? Also anyone have aftermarket seats here? If so, what kind and what would you recommend?
Thanks, Steve |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: getting new seats, have a question
i dont know about your seats but did you ever get to talk to brent about me buying his car. i got a couple grand in the bank now and im really looking to get something going.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: getting new seats, have a question
Hey sorry steve, for getting off the subject of your thread, but did you ever get the GSX?
__________________
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
You can buy or modify your own brackets. Single sliding/single weld brackets are supposedly dangerous. That's the safety justification for buying Sparco/etc's. That's as much as I know. Wish I could help you more, good luck
Edit>> Tech. article for a 1g: http://dsmtuners.com/forums/showthre...ralliart+seats I've heard also that the brackets are a bitch to make, and that it's better when you can, to buy them. Edit2>> DSMtuners seems to recommend brand name seats. I hear Corbeau and Bride come up pretty often. I always had a thing for the Corbeau's
__________________
I used to own a DSM. Quote:
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: getting new seats, have a question
nah i never got the GSX...i didn't like seeing the 140,xxx miles on the dash for what he wanted me to pay for it...although it was in excellent condition....i'm just going to keep my car and work on it to 'make it right'. no 15ft wing, no decals, no outrageous bodykit, no half-assed mechanical work. i want my car to look great and run great...so this winter it IS getting painted for sure, new top is being put on (black), i installed my black carpet i got off of e-bay (i will post pics) it looks sic as hell. and i went to summit tonight and got new seats, also black...the main reason i want new seats is because my stock tan ones bit the dust...they got way too dirty and were torn to shreds.
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|