|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
electric 4 X 4
My 1990 Bronco II will not engage into 4 wheel drive or low range. The dash lights started coming on and off and then just went out and nothing happens when I push the dash buttons now. I've tested the shifting motor on the transfer case and it works. I am suspecting the electronic control module but am not convinced there is not a power or ground problem to the module. Where would a fuse be for this unit and where can I get electrical drawings for this that I can use for troubleshooting? Are there any short cut alternatives to this control module?
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
The module is usually mounted in the left quarter or in the middle of the dash . It has a test out button on it. It is made by United Technoligys and is normally pretty strong. The motor is almost always the problem.
__________________
1967 cougar 390 FE in progress 1993 F350 Crew Cab 5.8 111K 1983 Coachman 23ft class C 460 1988 Bronco 351 C6 1964 Galaxie 428 4sp project 1995 Mustang 3.8 Auto 1966 Mustang Fast back Project 1994 Tracer Trio 1.9 1968 F250 Camper Special 390 |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: electric 4 X 4
check the usebox it shares with another option.check complete wires eo and from motor..
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: electric 4 X 4
on my 1990 bronco the reset button was on the passenger kick panel with a small button on it i pressed it and reset the 4x4
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|