|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
rear brakes
I have a 93 Euro and I just changed the front pads and rotors and I was going to change the back ones also. My question is to collpase the pistons on the calipers can I use a C clamp or do I need to screw them in with a special tool??
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: rear brakes
They screw in with a special socket, you can get one fron AutoZone for about $10 or less.
Turn them a little, then look at the piston and make sure it's going in, not out. Wind it out, and the piston pops out and now you need a caliper. Some are reverse threaded. Can't remember if these are one of them.
__________________
You made three mistakes. First, you took the job. Second, you came light. A four man crew for me? F**king insulting. But the worst mistake you made... ...empty gun rack. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: rear brakes
Make sure the surfaces where the calipers slide on their mounts are well lubed with a hi-temp, waterproof lube like Syl-Glide, or they'll sieze and turn into junk real quick.
__________________
You made three mistakes. First, you took the job. Second, you came light. A four man crew for me? F**king insulting. But the worst mistake you made... ...empty gun rack. |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|