-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-27-2005, 05:23 PM
97cavalier's Avatar
97cavalier 97cavalier is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,865
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Code 26

Hi i have a 93 z28 camaro and the check motor light came on so i got it checked and it is code 26, the quad driver module. Does any one know what causes this to come on or how to fix it?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-27-2005, 05:56 PM
97cavalier's Avatar
97cavalier 97cavalier is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,865
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Code 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97cavalier
Hi i have a 93 z28 camaro and the check motor light came on so i got it checked and it is code 26, the quad driver module. Does any one know what causes this to come on or how to fix it?
Ok so i was checking this out and the car does not run any diffrent so some peole are tell me that it is probly the evap purge silonide. Does this sound right?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-27-2005, 09:27 PM
FormulaLT1's Avatar
FormulaLT1 FormulaLT1 is offline
Fight the powwa!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: Code 26

Yes, that code is for the Evap purge solenoid and I would start by checking the wiring harness for any damage to those wires.
__________________
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.


Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-28-2005, 12:29 AM
supervisor1886's Avatar
supervisor1886 supervisor1886 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 619
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Code 26

replace the solenoid and get rid of the canister and vacuum lines too. plug em.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-28-2005, 09:03 PM
97cavalier's Avatar
97cavalier 97cavalier is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,865
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Code 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by supervisor1886
replace the solenoid and get rid of the canister and vacuum lines too. plug em.
Why get rid of it?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-28-2005, 10:55 PM
FormulaLT1's Avatar
FormulaLT1 FormulaLT1 is offline
Fight the powwa!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: Code 26

Your better off checking the wires before replacing the solenoid, the evap solenoid is pretty rare thing to go and if you replace the solenoid to find leter it was just a fried wire your not going to feel too bright (trust me, I've been there).
__________________
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.


Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-29-2005, 06:12 PM
97cavalier's Avatar
97cavalier 97cavalier is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,865
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Code 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaLT1
Your better off checking the wires before replacing the solenoid, the evap solenoid is pretty rare thing to go and if you replace the solenoid to find leter it was just a fried wire your not going to feel too bright (trust me, I've been there).
Where do i check for burnt wires? Under the dash?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-30-2005, 10:40 PM
FormulaLT1's Avatar
FormulaLT1 FormulaLT1 is offline
Fight the powwa!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: Code 26

You know where the evap solenoid is right?
Start there and then check continuity from the PCM pins to the harness connecter. If there is a problem with one of the wires just traces it back to the PCM til you find the problem. Although most likely if there is a problem it will be at the connecter clip.
__________________
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.


Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts