-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-27-2005, 12:43 AM
defiancy's Avatar
defiancy defiancy is offline
Stay classy San Diego
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,853
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you had.

So I was sitting here contemplating my purchase of my 03 cobra and what I can do to it. Now a stock 03 cobra runs a 12.7 sec 1/4 mile and has about 390 hp and 390 ftbs of torque. This is comparable to a C6 which runs a 12.6 1/4 mile and has 400hp and 400 ftbs of torque. Anyway, I spent 32k on this fine car and with about 1800 dollars I can turn it into a 500 hp 11 sec monster. I think my choice was a wise one.

So my question to you fellow dsmers, if you had 32k to spend on a car what would you get, what kind of car and why? Other than the I'd by a GSX do a 6 bolt SBR swap and upgrade the hell out of it. What would you buy?
__________________
1991 GSX 2.3 Stroker
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Thor06's Avatar
Thor06 Thor06 is offline
Jizzed In My Pants
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: If you had.

Ok, I would definately get 90-91 DSM. No doubt about it. I think they look cool as hell, plus with 32k I could be going pretty fast. Not sure if I could spend all of it, but I would build up the block and stroke it, build the head, and a SBR 60 trim to go with it. Then the other stuff you know, DSM link, fuel system, yadda yadda. They ARE my dream car, I wouldnt waste money on anything else.
__________________



Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-27-2005, 01:15 AM
MexRocket's Avatar
MexRocket MexRocket is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,386
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: If you had.

moooooooooo.......... 99 BMW M3 ..... i saw one with 17k miles for 20 grand..... and with the new turbo kits with a fmic..... im set... its 333hp stock.... plus BMW luxury?
__________________
STATUS: Near completion for the Engine
PROJECT BEST 1G IN IL:70% Done
MODS: C2 boost,mbc,B16GEGTurbo,12x28x3x3 FMIC,Ported2gmani,k&n.
Being bought in two weeks: Dsmlink,880's,3"exhaust,piping,suspension,axel,dri lled and slotted brakes.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-27-2005, 01:27 AM
scottsee scottsee is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,677
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to scottsee
Re: If you had.

down payment on the 2007 Infinty GT-R
__________________
DSM geek
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-27-2005, 02:07 AM
XeVeNskyLiNE's Avatar
XeVeNskyLiNE XeVeNskyLiNE is offline
Turbo makes me emo!
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,854
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to XeVeNskyLiNE
Re: Re: If you had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsee
down payment on the 2007 Infinty GT-R


oOoOoO nice one.


I'd buy a RX7 (FD) shell which would be around $3k. Completely custom suspesion running about $4k for all the footwork upgraded, 13B Cosmo 3 rotor swap + supporting power and cooling mods which I guess would be around $10k. Redone interior (racing seats, gauges, 4-point roll cage) for about $5k wheels and exterior stuff, about another $5k. Save the last $5k just incase the Cosmo motor wants to be an asshole.

Or I'd just go all crazy on a 240sx. Hmmmmmmmm...

if you can't tell I'm drift retahded.
__________________
_______A-10 Aircraft Armament Systems Apprentice vv Can't get my sig right vv

Currently in Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona MySpace My S14 and DSM
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-27-2005, 02:22 AM
Turbodog97's Avatar
Turbodog97 Turbodog97 is offline
Just a Neon
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,239
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
EVO-which if I can find one for under 22k then I might actually snag it
__________________

05 Srt4
Agp 3147 w/supporting mods


97 Mx-5
T28, hks man, ebay int/pipes, rfl bov, xtd 6 puck, 3" magnaflow, msd timing box,
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-27-2005, 02:33 AM
Blackcrow64's Avatar
Blackcrow64 Blackcrow64 is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 9,621
Thanks: 52
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Re: If you had.

I would buy either a 1987-1989 Trans Am or a 97+ Trans Am and twin turbo it. I would build up everything all around on the car... Oh yeah... Lets not forget the whole DSM thing either.
__________________
-Brian
  • 92 Firebird sold
  • 97 Talon TSI AWD sold
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06 sold
  • 14 Silverado 1500
  • 26 Equinox RS
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-27-2005, 02:35 AM
gthompson97's Avatar
gthompson97 gthompson97 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,625
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to gthompson97 Send a message via MSN to gthompson97
Re: If you had.

04 350z and turbo that bitch. burnt orange hardtop with the track package. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...i can feel the speed already
__________________
95 Talon TSI AWD

97 Eclipse GST

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-27-2005, 02:46 AM
Eclipse4ever's Avatar
Eclipse4ever Eclipse4ever is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 472
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: If you had.

I would have to go with the Nissan Skyline The R34 GT-R is my favorite but I dont really think I could find one under 32K. Those cars have huge capabilities and reach the 800-1000hp level easily with the twin turbo kits.

http://www.fotos.org/galeria/data/56...-Tuning-01.jpg

One day, I will buy that son of a bitch .
__________________
1997 Eclipse GSX
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-27-2005, 02:49 AM
crunchymilk55's Avatar
crunchymilk55 crunchymilk55 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,010
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to crunchymilk55
Re: If you had.

probably the same choice you made. Either that or evo or sti
__________________
now - 2000 civic
soon - 2002 is300
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-27-2005, 04:10 AM
Skugulgurk's Avatar
Skugulgurk Skugulgurk is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd definitely get either a Supra, an FD RX7 with a 20B (the three rotor. The 13B is a two rotor engine. the first two numbers tell the size of the engine 12A= close to 1200 cc's 13B= a little over 1300 cc'a and the 20B has 1962 cc's) Or a S15 converted 240sx. If you can't tell I'm a rear wheel drive fan as well. I think most of the people on this site are into building cars not buying them. The cobra may be a fast "out of the box" but then you don't have as much money to spend working on it yourself... can you imagine a 32K DSM *drool*
__________________
99' eclipse GS 420A !!!TURBO!!! Hahn kit installed. still on stock everything else, including exhaust.

I know it's taking FOREVER to finish the write up but the bands been taking off lately killing my free time. I've got some pictures posted though if you want to check it out.

www.angelfire.com/indie/kbracing

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-27-2005, 06:34 AM
1992eclipseGS 1992eclipseGS is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 299
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: If you had.

First of all, I couldn't see myself buying a 32k car. BUT, if I had that much cash, I would just stick with a older model 90-99 turbo dsm, OR and older model NSX and spend a couple thousand on upgradable turbo shit. I'd much rather build a fast car then to straight out buy one. Then with the 20 some thousand that I'd have left, I'd find a nice BMX for luxeray.
__________________

1998 RS
5 speed, Stock front bumper w/molded urethane lip, Blitz side skirts, Bomex rear, JSP Carbon Fiber hood. Halo Projection Headlights, Escort radar detector, Turbo style spoiler, 1,200 watt sound system with 2 dual 12 subs, 20% executive tint, 17" sport rims, Custom built 2 1/2 Exhaust, OBX 4-1 Header, CAI, KYB GR-2 struts, Sprint lowering springs.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-27-2005, 10:45 AM
ned032002's Avatar
ned032002 ned032002 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,570
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Re: If you had.

I think if I had the cash I would buy a 67' Shelby GT 500 like the one from Gone In 60 Seconds. That care was sooo sweeeet, that car brings me tears let me tell ya.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-27-2005, 11:06 AM
importaudihaus importaudihaus is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: If you had.

the replicas from gone in 60 seconds were sold on ebay for 150k and up
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-27-2005, 11:59 AM
AbsoluteGTR's Avatar
AbsoluteGTR AbsoluteGTR is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to AbsoluteGTR Send a message via MSN to AbsoluteGTR
Re: If you had.

Alright I would buy the 2005 BMW M3 (that would be well over 32K anyways) BUT I can dream so listen up...lol...I would get a 2005 BMW M3 -Alphine White-with every option except SMG (ofcourse I would get the 6-spd) But then I would get some 19" SSR GT3's (the ones with a chrome lip and anthracite center, OMG the rears come with like a 3" lip). then lowered just a bit maybe 2", then I would get this black colored front lip (its hard to explain, its not a bolt-on, but it looks so SO SO HOT) then I would get some black tints....

I dont think you fella's get how much I love the M3-it is my ABSOLUTE DREAM car!

DAMN, im going crazy right now...LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts