-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Dakota
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-22-2005, 07:16 PM
winterover winterover is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 67
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2004 Dakota 4.7L

Hey everyone... I'm new to the Dodge forum. I just bought a 04 Dakota quad cab 4x4 SLT with a 4.7L V-8. I love it so far and it's a really cool truck. I'm just looking for some advice on what kind of mods are easy & fairly inexpensive to do on these things. The power is fine and I'm not sure about the mpg's yet... but I'm thinking of a CAI or maybe installing a flowmaster exhaust system.... anyone had any experience after installing these things -- what kind of results did you see? Thanks.....
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-22-2005, 10:42 PM
wehswarriorS-10 wehswarriorS-10 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to wehswarriorS-10
Re: 2004 Dakota 4.7L

i have a 2002 dakota 4.7 and probably the best bang for ur buck will be a K&N FIPK kit, poweraid TB spacer, flowmaster exhaust, a superchips programmer, some type of platinum plug (i use bosch plat. 2's), 180 degree stat...oh and dump some Mobil 1 or AMSoil in it....dunno why im just a big fan of synthetic oil....but thats about it for the stuff u ahve to pay money for, for the free stuff....turn ur TPS sensor up to about .7 at idle, port and polish the TB, take the 3rd Cat off, take the belt driven fan off...the factory electric one works just great, and thats about it....i have all this done to mine...and am getting some gibson headers and a NOS powerfogger system for it shortly....if u have any questions about ur engine let me know i am fairly familiar with these trucks
__________________
Dakotas kick ass!!!!!!!!!! :naughty
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-23-2005, 09:03 AM
winterover winterover is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 67
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2004 Dakota 4.7L

Thanks for the input... I almost forgot about the synthetic oil. I have a bypass filter kit I got from AMSOIL for an old GMC I use to have... should hook up fine to this rig too. All I need to do is find an AMSOIL dealer here in Colo Spgs.
Will taking the 3rd cat off have any detrimental effects on the emissions system?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-28-2005, 11:32 AM
wehswarriorS-10 wehswarriorS-10 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to wehswarriorS-10
Re: Re: 2004 Dakota 4.7L

not really, because there is still 2 more...one behind each manifold
__________________
Dakotas kick ass!!!!!!!!!! :naughty
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Dakota


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts