-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > RSX
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-15-2005, 09:40 PM
crazy_canuck crazy_canuck is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Consumer Reports releases reliability reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRSXJezus from ClubRSX
http://autos.msn.com/advice/CRArt.as...LP%20Passenger


Japanese imports earned most of the top reliability honors, while European models scored well below average in this Consumer Reports study.

Our 2005 reliability survey, the largest of its kind, reached a milestone this year—we've gathered responses on more than 1 million vehicles from Consumer Reports and ConsumerReports.org subscribers, the most we've ever received. These results underpin the most comprehensive reliability data you will find anywhere. Here, we give you a first look at our new Predicted Reliability Ratings for new cars, based on this survey, and the models that we expect to be the most and least reliable.
The difference between the best and the worst models is striking. For example, among large SUVs the least reliable model, the Infiniti QX56, is likely to have about eight times as many problems as the most reliable model, the Toyota Land Cruiser.

See Best and worst for a list of the models that have earned the best and worst Predicted Reliability Ratings in various vehicle categories. Following are some of the more notable survey findings:


Of the 31 cars that earned top rating, 29 were Japanese. Of these, 15 were from Toyota and its Lexus division and eight were from Honda. Some redesigned or new Japanese models from Toyota and Honda, however suffered "first-year blues." The new Scion tC and the redesigned 2005 Acura RL, Toyota Avalon, and Honda Odyssey earned only average reliability scores, for example.

Of the 48 cars that earned the lowest rating, 22 carry American nameplates, 20 are European, 4 are from Japan (all from Nissan and its Infiniti division), and 2 are from South Korea.

Some European models, which have had poor reliability in our previous surveys, improved slightly. The six-cylinder BMW X5 and X3, for example, earned average Ratings and are now the first European SUVs reliable enough to be recommended. However, most European models still scored far below average.

Hybrids from both domestic and Japanese manufacturers continue to have above-average reliability, including the Honda Accord and Civic Hybrids, the Toyota Prius, and the Lexus RX400h, which received top scores.



more info in the link...
The RSX isn't listed (you gotta buy the magazine I guess) but it really says something about the current car market.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-16-2005, 03:49 PM
RSX-S777's Avatar
RSX-S777 RSX-S777 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,626
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Consumer Reports releases reliability reports

I'm kind of surprised about the Infiniti rankings. They aren't built in the U.S. are they? (In which case I'd get it- go union labor!). Maybe due to some of the advanced electrical systems?

Can't say I surprised in the least about the American companies' rankings...
__________________

I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-16-2005, 07:15 PM
mmont0's Avatar
mmont0 mmont0 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 437
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Consumer Reports releases reliability reports

I'm not very surprised. I've read tons of information that say the same thing - Japanese > American > European.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBallerk2
yeah...I thinking of trading in my '94 Lude VTEC for an RSX-S
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-16-2005, 09:57 PM
crazy_canuck crazy_canuck is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Consumer Reports releases reliability reports

Correction, Japanese > American >>>>> Most Euros >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Volkslemon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-17-2005, 11:32 AM
paulkramer paulkramer is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 390
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Consumer Reports releases reliability reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSX-S777
I'm kind of surprised about the Infiniti rankings. They aren't built in the U.S. are they? (In which case I'd get it- go union labor!). Maybe due to some of the advanced electrical systems?

Can't say I surprised in the least about the American companies' rankings...
Interesting, isn't it? Infiniti = Nissan, which has had a lot of troubles. In fact, I don't know if they ever reached the same quality level as Honda and Toyota.....
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-17-2005, 05:27 PM
mason_RsX's Avatar
mason_RsX mason_RsX is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,274
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via MSN to mason_RsX
Re: Consumer Reports releases reliability reports

They didn't, they just mooched off the Japanese reliability stereotype...mitsubishi did to...Pieces of garbage each and every Mitsu!

Bimmers have stupid little problems, Mercs I really don't know, and many VWs are made in Mexico...
__________________


2002 Acura RSX Type-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGNAL748
I have an outrageously large penis.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-17-2005, 07:51 PM
mmont0's Avatar
mmont0 mmont0 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 437
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Consumer Reports releases reliability reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason_RsX
They didn't, they just mooched off the Japanese reliability stereotype...mitsubishi did to...Pieces of garbage each and every Mitsu!

Bimmers have stupid little problems, Mercs I really don't know, and many VWs are made in Mexico...
I don't agree with you on the Mitsubishi part. I like what they did with the new Eclipse. It's definitely an improvement over that old corrugated door styling they had. Also, the V6 is much faster than the TypeS. I also like the EVOs. I think these two cars are probably what's keeping them alive. Not only that, but the F&F movies!

As far as BMW and VW, I totally agree. It's funny when you leave a key in a Jetta and hear the "cucaracha" beeping at you!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBallerk2
yeah...I thinking of trading in my '94 Lude VTEC for an RSX-S
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-18-2005, 05:47 PM
RSX-S777's Avatar
RSX-S777 RSX-S777 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,626
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Consumer Reports releases reliability reports

See I was under the impression that Nissan had above- average reliability. That's why I figured the Infiniti division must have been built in the U.S. (I don't have much confidence in American automotive union labor...sorry).

Did anyone see the new burrito/umbrella holder in the door of the new Jetta? Sweet. Who cares if it's an unreliable POS? Those Mexicans who built it...it's like they read my mind. Last time I drove my gf's VW I specifically remember thinking "God...if only I had some breakfast burrito storage in this fucker...". So what the motor doesn't "run". It's about PRIORITIES people.
__________________

I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell...
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > RSX


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts