-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > GMC > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-12-2005, 01:52 PM
supersix84 supersix84 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation 1985 GMC 4x4 needs new heating coil, I need how to

I need help on how to replace the heating coil on my friends 1985 GMC truck. I would like to find a maintainence book or a step by step web site, but I haven't been able to find anything yet. If anyone knows where I can go to get the hook up let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-13-2005, 10:25 AM
MagicRat's Avatar
MagicRat MagicRat is offline
Nothing scares me anymore
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 10,702
Thanks: 12
Thanked 82 Times in 77 Posts
Re: 1985 GMC 4x4

Heating coil??
You mean for the electric choke heater?

Or do you mean heater core, (for the ventilation system)?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-15-2005, 09:13 PM
supersix84 supersix84 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: 1985 GMC 4x4

The ventilation heater core. Sorry for mistermage but I'm kind of a third wheel on this one, never had to due this kind of maitainence before.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-26-2005, 02:26 PM
MagicRat's Avatar
MagicRat MagicRat is offline
Nothing scares me anymore
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 10,702
Thanks: 12
Thanked 82 Times in 77 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 1985 GMC 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix84
The ventilation heater core. Sorry for mistermage but I'm kind of a third wheel on this one, never had to due this kind of maitainence before.
Try a Haynes or Chiltons service manual for this truck. Both provide detailed step-by-step instructions for this repair. The manuals are sold at many auto parts stores, or your local library may have one, or go here:
http://www.nextag.com/chevrolet-shop-manual/search-html
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > GMC > General Discussion


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts