|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
spark plug will not stay in head
what would help a helicoil to stay in place when useing to rethread a stripped sparkplug hole would jb weld-loc tite-or a hi temperature rtv silicone do the job
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: spark plug will not stay in head
Did you tap new threads for the helicoil? If the threads are good, then I would use hi-temp loctite.
When I stripped the threads on one of my spark plug holes, I used an insert. I have found them to work better than helicoils in this particular application. |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: spark plug will not stay in head
doesnt happen to be #4 hole is it ? (22R) ?
just curious,
__________________
I also am user fastr68 here- Randy -'54 F100 302 C-6 -'57 F100 -'57 Bel Air HT 307 4spd '57 210 HT 4dr 265 3spd -'68 corvair monza convertible w/ PG -'79 C-20 -'80 K-20 -'82 K-10 SS -'82 TRANS AM WS7 HT 5.0L TH350 2400 stall blue/blue level III PMD cloth PG hood -'85 Elky SS 310ci 2004r fully restored 2008 -'88 buick century estate wagon 3800 4t40e, 91 s-10 2wd 4.3L, 96 taurus, '97 cavalier RS 2.2L, 5sd -'05 18ft car trailer, 98 achieva, 98 cherokee, |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Re: spark plug will not stay in head
yes it is how did u no
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|