-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-03-2005, 09:02 PM
Iron's Avatar
Iron Iron is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 167
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Magnaflow LT1 sounds

I've been listening to sounds of catbacks and mufflers and what not, as I am thinking about upgrading the exhaust after winter. Magnaflow sounds damn cool on pretty much anything I've heard, but what makes this constant popping noise on this Bird and not on the Maro? Is it just the camera?(both are supposedly 100% stock except for the catback) Trans Am
Camaro
__________________

95' Z28, 00' GTP
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-05-2005, 01:25 AM
todd1970 todd1970 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Magnaflow LT1 sounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron
I've been listening to sounds of catbacks and mufflers and what not, as I am thinking about upgrading the exhaust after winter. Magnaflow sounds damn cool on pretty much anything I've heard, but what makes this constant popping noise on this Bird and not on the Maro? Is it just the camera?(both are supposedly 100% stock except for the catback) Trans Am
Camaro
HEY I HAD CATBACKS AT 1 AND I WENT TO ALL FLOWMASTER AND NOW MY CAMARO SOUND MORE LIKE THAT TRANS AM!! WEIRD I NOTICE THAT 1ST TING YEARS AGO.I KNOW FIREBIRD,TRANSAM AND CAMRO ALL HAD DIFF EXAUSTS.THEY HAD SIGNATURE SOUNDS.SELLING POINT MAYBE..SOME WERE FOR PERFORMANCE REASONS..I KINDA LIKE THAT HOTROD POPING SOUND!!!ON THAT T-A.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-05-2005, 11:39 AM
flatlander757 flatlander757 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 987
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to flatlander757
Re: Re: Magnaflow LT1 sounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd1970
HEY I HAD CATBACKS AT 1 AND I WENT TO ALL FLOWMASTER AND NOW MY CAMARO SOUND MORE LIKE THAT TRANS AM!! WEIRD I NOTICE THAT 1ST TING YEARS AGO.I KNOW FIREBIRD,TRANSAM AND CAMRO ALL HAD DIFF EXAUSTS.THEY HAD SIGNATURE SOUNDS.SELLING POINT MAYBE..SOME WERE FOR PERFORMANCE REASONS..I KINDA LIKE THAT HOTROD POPING SOUND!!!ON THAT T-A.
HEY ONCE UPON A TIME I HIT THE CAPS LOCK AND LOOKED LIKE AN E-DINGBAT BECAUSE I DONT TAKE THE TIME TO LOOK AT MY POST AND NOTICE IT!! Please find your caps lock key.


I would say it's because 97 F bodies had two catalytic converters and 95s still had the single cat. That would be the main difference between their two exhausts.

Another likely cause is just the camera used. You would really need to use the same video camera for both. I heard a vid of a stock transam with a cutout and it was all crackly, mine is more mellowed out and only pops when you let off the gas and there tap it again, not while revving like in the one I saw.
__________________
-Tony- Sold my Z28 looong ago. Now sporting an '03 TJ.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-05-2005, 12:04 PM
cuda_dude cuda_dude is offline
Will Whore For Car Parts
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,922
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to cuda_dude
Re: Magnaflow LT1 sounds

the crackling is unburnt fuel igniting in the exhaust
__________________

1995 Camaro - Z28 - M6 - Hardtop
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Classic
-R.I.P. Andy (Hypsi)-
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts