-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-25-2002, 10:43 AM
Pilot Pilot is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 117
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please help!

I really want to get some new rims and tires very soon, possibly this weekend, and I really like the 16 Kosei K1 (16x7.5 on Yokohama Avid H4 205/40HR16 or 205/45). What I'm worying about is the offset due to the 7.5 width, and I found that Honda Civic 89-2002 Offset:40-42 while the K1s are 45mm offset. Any comments will be very helpful.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-25-2002, 07:09 PM
GhettoLegs's Avatar
GhettoLegs GhettoLegs is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,221
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to GhettoLegs Send a message via Yahoo to GhettoLegs
No... I would stick with the 40-42 offset. Trust me. I got 17x7 inch rims with an offset of +43 and the wheels look like they stick out a little too far. I think +45 would be too much. Here's a pic I took after I first put them on my car.
__________________
~'93 Civic CX hatchback body~

Tacoma, Washington
AIM: GhettoLegs



What you got? Direct port rice injection? ;oÞ
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-26-2002, 10:37 AM
Pilot Pilot is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 117
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
All I care is that they fit in the wheel well good and don't mess up camber and allignment...I wouldn't mind having them stick out. The rota slipstreams are actually really nice in black and their offset's 40. I will go with those and I'll put in 205/45 on 16 inch...I hope my ride won't look messed because of stock ride height.
Well thanks for your help Ghetto
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-27-2002, 09:01 PM
Pilot Pilot is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 117
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well there's my ride with the rota slipstreams...that I'm ordering tomorrow
I don't know if the size or color is right in my photopaint version but it gives me an idea
Any last minute objections?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg civ rota.jpg (24.6 KB, 50 views)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-28-2002, 06:54 PM
soul180's Avatar
soul180 soul180 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 526
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i'm not a big fan of those at all....i'd rather have something nicer lookin..but if you're into racing..which i imagine you are with those rims...i dunno...i'd look into something different...
__________________
UGSTYLES
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-29-2002, 08:57 AM
tsunamiHB tsunamiHB is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 149
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
40+ offset sticks out much more than a 45+ offset...... Stock offset is 45+.

All civics in the last 15 years have had a 45+ offset....

But you do want to be careful with the width of your wheel because you will start rubbing on the inside even though everything looks ok.
__________________
============
Drivin a 99 Purp HB
============
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-29-2002, 10:09 AM
igo4bmx's Avatar
igo4bmx igo4bmx is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,051
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to igo4bmx
Quote:
Originally posted by tsunamiHB
40+ offset sticks out much more than a 45+ offset...... Stock offset is 45+.

All civics in the last 15 years have had a 45+ offset....

But you do want to be careful with the width of your wheel because you will start rubbing on the inside even though everything looks ok.
yeah i don't understand how ghetoleg's rims "stick out" when the offet is the same as stock..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-29-2002, 01:31 PM
Pilot Pilot is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 117
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well the sales person said there should be no problem, and besides its in mm so there's barely any difference, and he also specified for a 99 Civic
Do I need an allignment or anything after the rims? Well thanks for ya help...I'll post pics when I get em
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts