|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
noob Rodeo owner
Hi everyone, i just bought a 97 rodeo with 92K miles on it for $3800CA. I like it alot and have been doing alot of reading here lately especially about changing the timing belt, tensioner and water pump since I'm not sure if the original owner has done it yet. I am going to change it just for the piece of mind knowing when it was done because I plan on hanging on to this for awhile. It's nice to know there is a forum of knowledgeable people dedicated to these vehicles. I just hope I can get the timing marks lined up properly for I connot find a complete procedure in detail here for doing this job.
Oh yeah, also had it in to get new A/T tires installed and found out the knob that owned it before torqued the lug nuts way to much that 4 of them couldn't be removed. Most of the ones that were removed had either damaged studs or the wrong ones installed (too short). What a bonehead. Anyway, she's parked in my garage now and will commence work tonight.Picking up new studs and nuts from NAPA on the way home. Take care all!!!! Will check in later. Alb
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
You'll want new lug sets also. They come with a washer and a wavey washer and cost about $7 each USD.
When it comes to changing the timing belt BEFORE it breaks, just take it all apart and be extra careful that none of the pullies move and you can install the new belt without lining everything up. I've done it more than a few times and various vehicles. Use some of those large springy paper clips to hold the belt in place as you place it on the pullies. |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: noob Rodeo owner
Quote:
Bye for now. Alb |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: noob Rodeo owner
I know exactly what you mean about it all adding up, I originally thought all I was going to have to do was put brakes on mine, well now Ive got calipers, pads, rotors done, and I still have to do a cv shaft, clutch, fuel filter, valve cover gaskets, clutch master cylinder, and possibly rear main seal and power steering pump down the road. The previous owners of my vehicle obviously never did anything to it, after looking at it even the radiator hoses are original and still say isuzu on them, and mine is a 92!!!
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Re: noob Rodeo owner
Quote:
HAPPY DRIVING!!!! Alb |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: noob Rodeo owner
A 97 with 92k - yeap! That's a baby!
Get her buttoned up and hit the road, gotta a long way to catch me.
__________________
1997 3.2L V6 Rodeo 32" Yoko's, 16x8 MB Wheels, 2" lift, Brushguard, KC Fog's, Loadwarrior Rack On it's way to 185k strong ![]() 2004 3.4L Tacoma TRD off-road 4x4 Double cab 32" Yoko's, Westin Bull-bar, KC Fogs 60K miles
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: noob Rodeo owner
You probably don't need new CV's just yet. Just take a good look at them when you're changing the boots. They arent cheap, because the 96-97's have equal length shafts, unlike the previous years unequal lengths. You will find that Isuzu overbuilds the drivetrain peices, they don't break or even wear very easily.
While you are at it, throw some manual locking hubs on to replace the drive flanges to gain 1-2mpg. Put full synth fluids in everywhere and gain another 1-2 mpg. I just got 18.7mpg on my last fillup, and I'm lifted 3 inches with 32 inch mudders on, and mostly city driving. :-) |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|