-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-26-2005, 09:05 AM
kinstom kinstom is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
05 Quest Steering wheel shaking

Has anyone else had a steering wheel shaking problem with an 05 Quest. I had it in to be fixed once already. They turned the rotors and the shrudder in the brakes went away, but the steering wheel still shakes. I have it in right now and the technician drove it and said he doesn't notice anything. Thinks I'm crazy..... I guess!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-19-2005, 07:56 AM
melissamn melissamn is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 05 Quest Steering wheel shaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinstom
Has anyone else had a steering wheel shaking problem with an 05 Quest. I had it in to be fixed once already. They turned the rotors and the shrudder in the brakes went away, but the steering wheel still shakes. I have it in right now and the technician drove it and said he doesn't notice anything. Thinks I'm crazy..... I guess!!!!
Yes, I have an 2004 Quest and have had the rotors turned, replaced over 10 times..... Have had alot of techs call me crazy.. Have replaced brakes, tires. I drive alot of miles for my work. But I have never had this many problems with one car...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-21-2005, 10:15 AM
kinstom kinstom is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: 05 Quest Steering wheel shaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamn
Yes, I have an 2004 Quest and have had the rotors turned, replaced over 10 times..... Have had alot of techs call me crazy.. Have replaced brakes, tires. I drive alot of miles for my work. But I have never had this many problems with one car...
That doesn't sound good.I got mine back from the shop and they did finally realize there was really a bad shake in the steering. It turned out to be a bad tire and nicked rim. They replaced both and it is driving good again.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-26-2006, 11:58 AM
dcewolf dcewolf is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 05 Quest Steering wheel shaking

We have a '04 Quest had same steering shaking over 28,000 or so miles....had lousy (and overpriced) factory Goodyears replaced with Michelin AquaTreads... and had rotors turned, shaking gone.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-26-2006, 12:15 PM
dcewolf dcewolf is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 05 Quest Steering wheel shaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcewolf
We have a '04 Quest had same steering shaking over 28,000 or so miles....had lousy (and overpriced) factory Goodyears replaced with Michelin AquaTreads... and had rotors turned, shaking gone.
oops... the Michelin tire is the HydroEdge
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-26-2006, 01:03 PM
dtownfb dtownfb is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 437
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: 05 Quest Steering wheel shaking

I had the same problem. They rotated and balanced the tires. Seems better. It appears the OEM tires go out of balance as they wear.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts