-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > F Series
Register FAQ Community
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Bruce Hunt Bruce Hunt is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Diesel Tune-up

I have a 7.3 powerstroke with just over 100K on it. I have done only the following

replaced the fuel filter
replaced the air filter
lubed
oiled

Given that what should I be doing at this point?

I plan to change trans fluid
What should I be doing to the glowplugs?

She runs great and that's how I would like to keep her, so what would you suggest?

Thanks!
__________________
If I was able to help you, that made my day; if you offered assistance to me, I thank you so very much! Either way, have a great day! Now own 4 Accords and 2 Civics. Love Honda!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-26-2005, 06:45 AM
BULLITTR6 BULLITTR6 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to BULLITTR6
What year is the truck? Auto or manual?
I would think about changing rear differential fluid, getting injectors cleaned, etc.
I don't think there is anything to do to the glow plugs until you suspect them causing a problem.
__________________
1991 F350 dually w/ 7.3 deezal
2008 Mustang GT
1993 Rodeo LS w/ 3.2 v6, 2wd (daughters)(Now totalled)
1991 Yamaha XT600
1993 Honda CR250R
Hard tellin', not knowin'
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-26-2005, 08:09 AM
Bruce Hunt Bruce Hunt is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Diesel Tune-up

The vehicle is an Excursion and an automatic. The year of the vehicle is 2000
__________________
If I was able to help you, that made my day; if you offered assistance to me, I thank you so very much! Either way, have a great day! Now own 4 Accords and 2 Civics. Love Honda!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-27-2005, 02:34 AM
BULLITTR6 BULLITTR6 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to BULLITTR6
Other than what I've already said, not much comes to mind. Keep an eye on the battery cables for corrosion. At 100k, she's just hittin' her stride. They last a good long time with good care. I would suggest searching for a diesel specific site for more comprehensive information.
__________________
1991 F350 dually w/ 7.3 deezal
2008 Mustang GT
1993 Rodeo LS w/ 3.2 v6, 2wd (daughters)(Now totalled)
1991 Yamaha XT600
1993 Honda CR250R
Hard tellin', not knowin'
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > F Series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts