|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Groaning Noise
I have a 2000 cherokee Classic with around 150k miles. I have been hearing a "groaning" sound coming from the rear of the vehicle when I accelerate from a dead stop. It seems more prevalent after I have been travelling at a contsant speed of around 50 mph and up. I thought it was my rear brakes not releasing prroperly, but they have been replaced. the sound is still there. Could this be something in the rear differential?? Any ideas?? Thanks.
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Groaning Noise
could be ujoints or trans rubber mount broken.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Groaning Noise
Check what 89ltd said. If those are ok, could be a wheel bearing or the carrier bearings in the diff. At the speed you describe, it's not likely that its the pinion bearings.....
JD
__________________
If ya can't fix it right the first time, how ya goin ta find the time ta fix it again????
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Re: Groaning Noise
Quote:
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|