-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Saturn > SC/SL/SW
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-20-2005, 11:06 AM
stinckerbell stinckerbell is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Need advice on saturns..

I am looking for a little, reliable, fuel efficient car for myself as my husband drives my car to work (lousy gas prices caused the need for this!) and I don't want to drive our monster truck (which we need to tow horses and other farm stuff). I've heard good things about Saturns and would like to know, from saturn owners, which year(s), models, etc. they feel to be the best value.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-21-2005, 01:06 PM
NTM NTM is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Need advice on saturns..

I have had two Saturn SL models. They both got near 40mpg highway and required only general maintenance. The first one a 1987 bought new I drove for 212000 miles before I traded it for a 2001 which I am still driving. I recommend looking for a good used SL model. The new models are not truly Saturns. Saturn ceased to exist as a corporation as of last January. Saturn is nothing more than another GM marquee. Some of the models are just Chevys with a Saturn logo on them.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-28-2005, 02:30 PM
ASE_Tek0312 ASE_Tek0312 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Saturn Started in 1991. Get a 96-99 SL2 Manual.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-03-2005, 12:41 PM
NTM NTM is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not sure what I was thinking when I said 1987. My old MC was a 1987. My first Saturn was a 1992 bougt in the fall of 1991. Both of my Saturns are manual trans SOHC.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-03-2005, 08:14 PM
Dennyav Dennyav is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Need advice on saturns..

Hi
Our family has 4 saturns. We think highly of them. If you have one or want one that has been maintained by the dealerships, they are one of the best buys you can get. The dealership service department here in Puyallup WA has taken care of my wifes, daughter, sons and FILaw's car and always reminded them of service items needing attention, even when they don't service or replace the required part.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Saturn > SC/SL/SW


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts