-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Windstar
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-17-2005, 08:18 AM
waltc waltc is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reset obd to check repair 2001 windstar

I had codes of bank 1 and 2 as too lean 171/174 and that the egr flow is restricted. I want to reset the obd so I can see if the repair is done. How do I do this?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-17-2005, 08:26 AM
DRW1000 DRW1000 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,422
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Re: Reset obd to check repair 2001 windstar

I take it you have the work done at a garage. I would have thought that they would have erased the codes.

If not simply wait a week or two. If the repair is done the light will shut off on its own.

You could also disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes. This will shut off the light and if the fault still exists the light will come back on in about a week or 2.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-18-2005, 12:34 AM
rrclyoung's Avatar
rrclyoung rrclyoung is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 85
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Reset obd to check repair 2001 windstar

You could also go to AutoZone and get their code reader, record the codes it finds and then use the readers "erase" button to erase the codes.....if the problem is not fixed the SEL will come back on in a couple of weeks...
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Windstar


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts