-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Windstar
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-14-2005, 09:10 PM
bigboyisme bigboyisme is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fan Temp Sensor 95 3.8L

I live in Phoenix, just moved here from Ohio and there is a drastic temperature difference between the two.

I have noticed that in stop and go traffic my temp guage will go high-normal, between the letters N/O on the guage before the fan kicks on and cools the system down. This makes me uncomfortable since I live in one of the hottest places on earth and these 3.8L engines are known for blowing head gaskets. Anyway, my question is, is there a fan sensor that will set the fan to running, cooling the engine before the engine temp gets this high, or does it have to be programmed into the computer to switch it on earlier?

I would think there is a different sensor that would kick on earlier, but I don't know. I could also take out the thermostat, in Phoenix weather it's not as essential to have large amounts of heat in the winter, even tho it does get cold. So I was thinking I might do both. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Windstar


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts