|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Smoke + Oil
So today I got to school and had a little time to kill so I decided to check the oil in my Maro. I pulled out the dipstick and there was a little smoke coming form in there. So then I removed the oil cap and a little more smoke came out? My car didn't even need any oil, it was full, also the car didn't even heat up, I got on the freeway for 5 mins then got off. Any ideas
__________________
White 07 STI, Bone stock for now |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Smoke + Oil
a hint of smoke i think is normal, did it smell burnt, or just like hot oil?
__________________
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yeah i'd think it'd be normal, that is unless you smell burnt oil or whatever.
__________________
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Smoke + Oil
It's called "blow-by" and is a product of the piston ring seal. Even freshly broken-in piston rings have a degree of blow-by. In other words, it's normal.
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Smoke + Oil
Ever wonder what the PCV system does and why it's important to vent crank case vaprs?
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Smoke + Oil
It didn't smell burnt, but still this is the first time I have ever had this happen in the year I have owned this car
__________________
White 07 STI, Bone stock for now |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Smoke + Oil
Unless it's excessive and really smell, I wouldnt fret about it. A ssaid above, crankcase vapors, no biggie. Usually get's little more when it's close to an oil change time as the oil is breaking down. Or, if you have leaky rings, but really, if you don't smell nothing, don't worry.
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|