-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-13-2005, 09:38 AM
neotrav neotrav is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Australian street racing

I'm starting up an underground scene out here in country Aust. My car is one of the quickest streeters around. I'm even considering starting up my own club. I meet with a few skylines and supras each friday night and we flex our cars, but there just arent neough people coming yet, only 15 or so cars which is good I guess ( less attention). there aint no where else to do it. here in Australia the laws are that tight around our balls John Howard can taste em. I've always wanted to open my own strip. Along the strip would be garages that can be rented on a weekly basis, by anyone. it would be very laid back and great for the scene. INSURANCE............ not gonna happen. I dont get it. You would think our gov would know that you have much more chance dying on the roads than on a strip, especially in country areas........... Anyone else in a similar situation?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-13-2005, 03:16 PM
2.2 Straight six's Avatar
2.2 Straight six 2.2 Straight six is offline
That thing got a Hemi?
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,337
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 2.2 Straight six Send a message via MSN to 2.2 Straight six
Re: Australian street racing

try the street racin sub-forum under the racing forum.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-13-2005, 03:57 PM
Musashi3000GT's Avatar
Musashi3000GT Musashi3000GT is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,782
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So an FTO in Australia can keep up with Skylines and Supras? wow, what do they put in those gas tanks? I thought the FTO made like 160-190 hp!
__________________

06 GTO: SLP Longtubes, SLP Loudmouth II K&N intake,
Ported Intake Manifold,
Ported Throttle body, MAF screen delete.
Tunned by Jeremy Formato. 381whp, 376wtq.
07 Ion Redline: Bone stock w/ factory Competition package.


In response to a race my wife had while pregnant with our baby:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgclwj
Prediction.... I bet we will hear about a guy down in Miami thats the King of street racing in about 18 years...Way to get him started....
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-13-2005, 04:40 PM
GForce957's Avatar
GForce957 GForce957 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,654
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Australian street racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi3000GT
So an FTO in Australia can keep up with Skylines and Supras? wow, what do they put in those gas tanks? I thought the FTO made like 160-190 hp!
But see, what you dont realize is that, The Australian Government was experimenting with Gamma bombs, and an FTO got irradiated. Now whenever his car gets angry it turns into the Incredible
FTO! Able to beat any car that gets in its way FTO SMASH!

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-13-2005, 05:33 PM
93rollaracer's Avatar
93rollaracer 93rollaracer is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,365
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 93rollaracer
Re: Australian street racing

You'll get the point of insurance once somebody does die and their family sues the living shit out of you.
__________________


Proud member of DAMM: Drunks Against Mad Mothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnym86

Metalheads: 93rolleracer

crazy sons of bitches who get hammered, break shit, and scream. yeah, they're pretty cool. right up to the point when they lynch a black guy.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-13-2005, 08:24 PM
mason_RsX's Avatar
mason_RsX mason_RsX is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,274
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via MSN to mason_RsX
cool man, I got a friend out there who's got mad hook-ups in the underground street racing world in Australia







His names Vin


hes also got a really close friend with crazy hook-ups of his own



his names....ummm...I forget, but send me a PM and ill hook you up...bro
__________________


2002 Acura RSX Type-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGNAL748
I have an outrageously large penis.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-13-2005, 08:58 PM
GForce957's Avatar
GForce957 GForce957 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,654
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Australian street racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason_RsX



his names....ummm...I forget, but send me a PM and ill hook you up...bro
I think that guy has some typical white boy name, like Spilner or something. But listen, its not how you squat by your car, its how you race your car. You better learn that.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-13-2005, 11:38 PM
neotrav neotrav is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Australian street racing

Funny MOFO's. I've got pics on my hard drive of my car to upload and show you what i'm talking about but it's not an accpetable format or some shit! How the hell do I get my pics on this F N piece o crap server!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-14-2005, 12:15 AM
Andydg Andydg is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,673
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Australian street racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotrav
Funny MOFO's. I've got pics on my hard drive of my car to upload and show you what i'm talking about but it's not an accpetable format or some shit! How the hell do I get my pics on this F N piece o crap server!
Host the pics on the net then post the link to them with the [img]www.urlofpic.com[/img]
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Yaggus's Avatar
Yaggus Yaggus is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 728
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Yaggus Send a message via MSN to Yaggus
Re: Australian street racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi3000GT
So an FTO in Australia can keep up with Skylines and Supras? wow, what do they put in those gas tanks? I thought the FTO made like 160-190 hp!
Hahahahaha!! Yeah FTOs arent that fast. The 2L i6 Mivec ones are about as fast as a type R integra prob a tiny bit slower. Quick but nothing mind blowing. One lives around the corner from me and ive annihilated him several times in my 300zx. I think neotrav is exaggerating just slightly.

Neotrav: Dude, you live in Adelaide. Its the home of import racing in Australia. There should be HEAPS of cars to race against and HEAPS of places to race them at. Which is the local main drags in Adelaide? The AIR? They should have some open nite where you pay $20 and you can run all nite. Kwinan Motorplex has that on Wednesdays and its awesome. You should really try it out one nite. It kicks all kinds of ass.

I live in Perth and I get more than enough races at the lights from all sides, ie holdens, fords, and imports.
__________________
Previously... --------| Now....
St185 GT4 Celica ---| SW20 MR2 Turbo Hardtop
TT Z32 300zx ------| Rebuilt engine with race head
TT Mitsu GTO ------| Apexi AVCR, Dual 2 1/2" Exhaust, T3/T4 turbo, BOV
--------------------| Lowered King springs, Bilstein Struts & Shocks, Whiteline swaybars, Cusco Strutbraces
--------------------| 17" Advanti Rims, Kenwood Stereo, 94+ Tailights

K3:i have had this itch... the itch to bang a somewhat chunky girl... like i want it to jiggle a little
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-14-2005, 04:35 PM
AWP9521 AWP9521 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 719
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Australian street racing

From what I have heard and read, the ausies have some pretty hot iron down under, I wouldn't underestimate them too much. Hell when I heard about the Chrysler "Hemi Six" (and thought yeah right, Hemi Six hahaha!) till I read that their actually is such a thing (Thanks to the Allpar site) and in stock trim had just about as much HP as the 340 V8 Engine here in the states and sounds like a swarm of bees at high revs.

So yeah, they can do the go fast thing in the land of Oz and can do it very well, now if we can just get them to drive on the left side of the car and on the right side of the road!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts