|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Wheel Bearings
A few ago I posted about a loud sound coming from my 2000 Trooper. I had the muffler replaced and that sound still seems to be there.
The poeple who put on my new muffler think the sound I'm wanting to go away is the Wheel Bearings. They said they are going bad and once I replace them the sound will go away. The sound is a LOUD Humming sound and gets loader when on teh highway going 65-70. They said it will cost me 290 for 1 wheel bearing replacement does this sound right? I live in Missouri if that helps on pricess. Any other info woudl be great, btw the muffler they put on rly sucks at making the trooper quitier Thank, Jerrod |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Wheel Bearings
hey new to all this but on another truck i had similiar problem, u joints were trashed, might take a look at those.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Wheel Bearings
my dealer charges 180 to re-pack the fronts.
but you need a new one....
__________________
-Ryan Isuzu Moderator Car Show Tips Operations manager with a results-driven passion for process improvement FAQ 98-04 Isuzu Rodeo, Rodeo Sport, Amigo, Trooper SOLD - NOV2015 - 2000 Amigo, V6, HT winter, ST summer, 2wd |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Your wheel bearing r/r will be covered for 10yrs/120K miles if you are the original owner, or 5yrs/60K for subsequent owners. Another thing to look at is a worn/bad tire. Those can be noisy and vibrate at hywy speeds.
G/luck Joel
__________________
2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i base CVT 2016 Nissan Quest SV |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|