-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mercury > Grand Marquis
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-01-2005, 03:14 PM
GHOSTRACER GHOSTRACER is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
92 Transmission MLP Sensor

I just picked up a 92 GM. The only issue with the car is that the tranny wont go into OD, it acts like its in neutral when it shifts fro 3rd to OD. I've read somewhere that the MLP sensor could be the issue. I thought that it would be located in the area of the shift linkage on the tranny but it isn't. Could someone help me out?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-02-2005, 02:30 AM
reekor reekor is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 808
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: 92 Transmission MLP Sensor

What transmission do you have AOD or AOD-E????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRACER
I just picked up a 92 GM. The only issue with the car is that the tranny wont go into OD, it acts like its in neutral when it shifts fro 3rd to OD. I've read somewhere that the MLP sensor could be the issue. I thought that it would be located in the area of the shift linkage on the tranny but it isn't. Could someone help me out?
__________________

His, 96 Limited, 5.2 Magnum, Magnaflow CatBack System, HID Head & Fog Lamps, 242 T-case swapped , Rear Trac-Loc. Chrome grill added to match the wheels.

Hers, 96 Limited I6, 242 T-case, HID Head & Fog Lamps.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-02-2005, 09:00 AM
GHOSTRACER GHOSTRACER is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: 92 Transmission MLP Sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by reekor
What transmission do you have AOD or AOD-E????????????????
Not sure, I'm not too familure with non-GM products. The pan says something about metric, but thats all I know. What should I look for?
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mercury > Grand Marquis


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts