-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-24-2005, 09:30 PM
69charger426 69charger426 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 443
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Is this a good model


Hi everyone, i just ordered the model from tower hobbies its a 77 Jeep CJ-7 renegade 2n1, i was wondering if anyone had this model, and if it was anygood.
thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-24-2005, 09:37 PM
Vric's Avatar
Vric Vric is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,623
Thanks: 3
Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Vric Send a message via MSN to Vric Send a message via Yahoo to Vric
Re: Is this a good model

I have made this kit maybe 12-15 years ago.

Can't remember on the quality, but it was my first built model I have sold to someone, so I guess the end result was nice

I was quite young.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-24-2005, 09:45 PM
69charger426 69charger426 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 443
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Is this a good model

thanks for the reply i forgot 2 ask what color dose anyone think it would lookk good in, i was thinkin a dark metallic green but im not sure any suggestions
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-24-2005, 09:53 PM
gasman03's Avatar
gasman03 gasman03 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 681
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I built one years ago, was a good kit, exept the hardtop on mine was kinda warped and I never could get it to fit right, Kit comes with alot of cool off road options,
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-27-2005, 05:55 AM
Purpura Delujo Purpura Delujo is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,361
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Is this a good model

All you'd need to make it good is a new Hemi engine, swampers, painted black with side pipes, but honestly I have no idea. I've seen it a few times and have thought of buying it, so let us know what its like
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-27-2005, 07:05 AM
alakai's Avatar
alakai alakai is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 377
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to alakai Send a message via Yahoo to alakai
It's a pretty decent kit, everything fits together well and detail is good for its age. I built one about 5 years ago and have another partially built waiting for me to get off my butt and alter the suspension for some larger tires. The first jeep I ever drove was a dark green CJ so go for it!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts