-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-23-2005, 08:20 AM
jwalker1970's Avatar
jwalker1970 jwalker1970 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 151
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
96 3.3L no spark, expert help needed!!

I have a 96 3.3L Caravan, no spark. PCM indicates good Cam signal & good Crank signal at crank. I have replaced those both with new sensors also. I have replace the coil pack, from a running van. I have no signal pulse to the 3 (signal) wires going to the coil pack. Per troubleshooter on my scan tool, it says these should have a pulse (to ground) from the PCM. I have checked all 3 wires have a good connection to the PCM, and 8V+ on the last wire. I have good connection between cam & crank sensors to the pcm (all 3 wires each). I have replaced the PCM with a re-man unit out the the same year van (from a salvage yard). I have good compression (about 120 even after fuel washdown in every cylinder. I have verified that the camshaft is rotating (at the cam sensor hole). Please help? I'm really stumped here.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Vats Vats is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 138
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If I remeber correctly, I think there is a sensor at the back of the transmission case that reads the Flywheel, check in the chilton manual and it may lead you to it. I remeber when I installed a new engine in my van we had trouble with that sensor and starting.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-24-2005, 10:00 AM
jwalker1970's Avatar
jwalker1970 jwalker1970 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 151
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. Already had the crankshaft sensor covered though.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!
I ordered yet another ECM. I plugged it into my vehicle & it ran. I further found out talking to the salvage yard manager that he had experienced several instinces where a good ECM would not run another vehicle, while it would still run in the original. We're suspecting that it may have to do with security or a programming issue. Unfortunately my MT2500 Snap on scanner doesn't read any such condition.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-24-2005, 03:26 PM
Vats Vats is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 138
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Glad to hear you are now up and running again. Scan tools are a must have nowadays but can't solve it all.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts