-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-21-2005, 04:15 PM
rlith's Avatar
rlith rlith is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to rlith Send a message via MSN to rlith
Finally recovered my damn cargo space.

Well, I've had a qlogic box with a RF Punch P1 woofer in the back of my truck(s) for a while now and considering I'm always in need of my cargo area it's always drivin me nuts! No more!

Went out and got a JL Audio Stealth box! It contains a Jl Audio W1-V2 10" sub which actually sounds better than my 12" P1. I'm very happy with this. It may not rattle windows outside the truck, but it's good enough for me inside and I have my damn cargo space back! Here are the pics!





__________________


95 s10 Blazer, EGR Mod, ZQ8 Steering box mod, 99 Center console shifter mod and more... See everything at www.pghconsulting.net/teal
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-21-2005, 04:18 PM
SComp23 SComp23 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 272
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Finally recovered my damn cargo space.

You always get awesome acc. for your truck, always. Looks clean I like it, I have 2 12's but am definately considering downsizing, I grew out of the very loud bass stage of my life
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-21-2005, 04:18 PM
BlazerBoyLT98's Avatar
BlazerBoyLT98 BlazerBoyLT98 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 950
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to BlazerBoyLT98 Send a message via Yahoo to BlazerBoyLT98
Nice work! I have two JL Audios from highschool, so about 8 years old now in a sealed box that take up the entire cargo area. Now I know what to look for. Nice pics
__________________
2002 Pontiac Gram Am
K&N Air Filter
Mobil1 5W-30 Extended 15K
2 JL Audio 12" Subs Sealed JL Audio Box
Coustic 400 Watt Class D Mono Amp
Pioneer Head Unit 50X4 MP3, WMA, AAC Super Tuner
Polk DB750 6.5" all around
Yankees Suck!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-21-2005, 04:20 PM
rlith's Avatar
rlith rlith is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to rlith Send a message via MSN to rlith
Re: Re: Finally recovered my damn cargo space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SComp23
You always get awesome acc. for your truck, always. Looks clean I like it, I have 2 12's but am definately considering downsizing, I grew out of the very loud bass stage of my life

Yeah, me too (about 20 years ago) It still thumps nicely when I want it to, but mostly it's for depth. JL Audio makes some nice stealth boxes. If it weren't for the fact that my wife hates bass, I would get the one for her wrangler.
__________________


95 s10 Blazer, EGR Mod, ZQ8 Steering box mod, 99 Center console shifter mod and more... See everything at www.pghconsulting.net/teal
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-21-2005, 04:21 PM
rlith's Avatar
rlith rlith is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to rlith Send a message via MSN to rlith
Re: Finally recovered my damn cargo space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerBoyLT98
Nice work! I have two JL Audios from highschool, so about 8 years old now in a sealed box that take up the entire cargo area. Now I know what to look for. Nice pics
Nice thing is that I can upgrade to what ever they have out there...:P
__________________


95 s10 Blazer, EGR Mod, ZQ8 Steering box mod, 99 Center console shifter mod and more... See everything at www.pghconsulting.net/teal
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-21-2005, 04:25 PM
BlazerBoyLT98's Avatar
BlazerBoyLT98 BlazerBoyLT98 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 950
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to BlazerBoyLT98 Send a message via Yahoo to BlazerBoyLT98
Re: Re: Finally recovered my damn cargo space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlith
Nice thing is that I can upgrade to what ever they have out there...:P
And why is that?
__________________
2002 Pontiac Gram Am
K&N Air Filter
Mobil1 5W-30 Extended 15K
2 JL Audio 12" Subs Sealed JL Audio Box
Coustic 400 Watt Class D Mono Amp
Pioneer Head Unit 50X4 MP3, WMA, AAC Super Tuner
Polk DB750 6.5" all around
Yankees Suck!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Cailen Cailen is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 303
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Finally recovered my damn cargo space.

Been looking to pick up something exactly like this after I get my new rubber.

Did you order this off the net?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-21-2005, 05:05 PM
muzzy1maniac's Avatar
muzzy1maniac muzzy1maniac is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 738
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Finally recovered my damn cargo space.

I just wish the price wasn't up there!
__________________
2004 Explorer XLT
4.0L 4x4

1998 Ranger Supercab
4x2 3.0L


Anyone who said There Is No Such Thing As A Stupid Question never worked in a grocery store!

Come visit me on www.faceforums.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-21-2005, 05:28 PM
rlith's Avatar
rlith rlith is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to rlith Send a message via MSN to rlith
Re: Re: Re: Finally recovered my damn cargo space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerBoyLT98
And why is that?
Because the WSv2 is the newest series out there, if they come out with another series it will just dump right in...
__________________


95 s10 Blazer, EGR Mod, ZQ8 Steering box mod, 99 Center console shifter mod and more... See everything at www.pghconsulting.net/teal
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-21-2005, 07:50 PM
BlazerBoyLT98's Avatar
BlazerBoyLT98 BlazerBoyLT98 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 950
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to BlazerBoyLT98 Send a message via Yahoo to BlazerBoyLT98
Re: Re: Re: Re: Finally recovered my damn cargo space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlith
Because the WSv2 is the newest series out there, if they come out with another series it will just dump right in...
Ah ok I thought you were getting some super deal somewhere. I was going to ask you to share the wealth
__________________
2002 Pontiac Gram Am
K&N Air Filter
Mobil1 5W-30 Extended 15K
2 JL Audio 12" Subs Sealed JL Audio Box
Coustic 400 Watt Class D Mono Amp
Pioneer Head Unit 50X4 MP3, WMA, AAC Super Tuner
Polk DB750 6.5" all around
Yankees Suck!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-21-2005, 07:57 PM
metallica21156's Avatar
metallica21156 metallica21156 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 684
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Finally recovered my damn cargo space.

why not just build a custom box with the subs you have then you can make as big as you want and look the way you want. i'm going to make one to hold all 4 subs. 2 12's and 2 10's i thought about getting rid of the 10's but with out them the music is just missing something. i'm going to build a cuatom box for the subs and put a inlay on the box so both amps are level with the box. i have some 1/2 plaxi glass to use so i'm porbably going to go with a band pass for the 12's and sealed for the 10's. when i get it done i'll post pics. i wish i could post the set up now but it won't let me.
__________________
95 jimmy. Vortec V6. 4.3 liter CPI. ,2.5" catco cat, 2.5" cat back with flowmaster muffler split rear., 40 street series, 2 12" audiobahns in custom box,K&N CPI intake system.
71 Mustang coupe- project car. stock 302 with Cobra intake, holley 650dp, afco racing radiator, headman headers, msd distributor, 2.5" from the headers.C4 tranny with shift kit, Mach 1 body lay out.
90 cav, 2.2 tbi, gas getter.
99 chevy s10 zr2, 6" lift, duel exhaust. 5 speed.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-21-2005, 09:58 PM
DINO55's Avatar
DINO55 DINO55 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 571
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Finally recovered my damn cargo space.

That looks nice and clean rlith...
__________________
1998 BLAZER LS Vin-W 4Dr 2wd
2004 Cavalier LS 4Dr 2.2 Ecotec

"Good Part's ain't Cheap--Cheap Parts ain't Good"


Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-21-2005, 10:59 PM
s10blazerman4x4's Avatar
s10blazerman4x4 s10blazerman4x4 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,886
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to s10blazerman4x4
Re: Finally recovered my damn cargo space.

Very nice i was thinking of a system but i don't need it for bass,i need to get good front speakers and it should be good
__________________
1991 Chevy S-10 Blazer 5.7 V8 RIP
1999 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4.3
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-22-2005, 02:01 AM
Rmbodie's Avatar
Rmbodie Rmbodie is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 503
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Finally recovered my damn cargo space.

I have been trying to grow out of that stage too , but everytime I hear a great song I find the volume increasing to thumping level . I carry too much stuff in the blazer but I have a bazooka in my Trans Am to complement its monsoon system . Rob
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-22-2005, 05:35 AM
rlith's Avatar
rlith rlith is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to rlith Send a message via MSN to rlith
Re: Re: Finally recovered my damn cargo space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallica21156
why not just build a custom box with the subs you have then you can make as big as you want and look the way you want. i'm going to make one to hold all 4 subs. 2 12's and 2 10's i thought about getting rid of the 10's but with out them the music is just missing something. i'm going to build a cuatom box for the subs and put a inlay on the box so both amps are level with the box. i have some 1/2 plaxi glass to use so i'm porbably going to go with a band pass for the 12's and sealed for the 10's. when i get it done i'll post pics. i wish i could post the set up now but it won't let me.

Yes, I could have done a custom box like that but as I said, 1st I don't need it, but more importantly I had a box back there and I had no cargo room, I wanted that room back so the stealth box was perfect.
__________________


95 s10 Blazer, EGR Mod, ZQ8 Steering box mod, 99 Center console shifter mod and more... See everything at www.pghconsulting.net/teal
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts