|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
well, I just got a 96 thunderbird and I like it alot, but this rev limiter is really getting to me, and I dont know if anyone would like to tell me how to take it off or somthing cause shutting off at 100 is kinda sad, I'm not sure if thats a "No no" to talk about here, but I was just wondering if anyone could help id be very happy to know. thanks
~Luke |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: the rev limiter
The limiter is there for a reason.
A: The 2 piece drave shaft. Replace this with a lighter, aluminum, one-piece unit B: At high RPM's the torque converter "baloons" C: From the factory, your tires werent rated for high speed Once the above 3 issue have been adressed, get your chip reflashed.
__________________
2002 F150 SuperCab FX4 6" Fabtech, 3" BL, Detroit locker, Edge tuned, Yukon 4.56s, 37" Nittos, Harley lights, Depo fogs, 8K HIDs, Powerstop brakes 1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 302 H.O, A9L ECU swap, 65mm TB, 73mm Granetelli MAF, FRPP 30lb injectors, Walbro 255, MSD ignition, Powerdyne BD11 supercharger, Efans, T-5 swap w/ FRPP flywheel, Ram HDX clutch and adjustable Steeda clutch quadrant, 4.10 gears, Nitto NT555R radials 2000 OBS Tahoe Z71 6k HIDs, 33" Goodyears. 280k mile daily beater |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|