-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-24-2005, 12:22 AM
zephram22's Avatar
zephram22 zephram22 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to zephram22 Send a message via Yahoo to zephram22
Leaks, leaks everywhere

OK. When out driving tonight because I had to take my father in law home from work. When I got to his house, I got out of the car to go in for a moment. When I came back out, I noticed that it looked like something was dripping from my car. I checked to make sure that the fluid on the ground was fresh. It was. It didn't really have a distinct odor. But, I do know that it was a little oilly. Not motor oil though. When I got home I looked under the car beneath the engine bay. It looks like there is a good amount of fresh oil, or tranny fluid on the outside of the oil pan. I also noticed the where the hoses go into the radiator, there are signs of recent fluid leakage. Noticed the same thing was happening in the hose going from the power steering pump to the steering gears. There's also some evidence that the surge tank overfilled and dumped some fluid in the wheel well area. I'll try and post of pics of everything tommorrow. Maybe someone has a better idea where to start that I do.

PS. There's no coolant in the motor oil, so I don't believe that it is a headgasket.
__________________
1963 Triumph TR3 12K
1995 Buick Century Special 178K
1999 Chevy Lumina LTZ 160K
2001 Suburu Forester 53K
2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 45K
2004 BMW Z8 3K
2005 Dodge Charger .5K
2006 Jaguar XJ12 1K

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-24-2005, 10:20 AM
protek22 protek22 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 47
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
With all the problems you've encountered so soon, it might be advisable to check out your state's lemon law. You may have options for getting justice from the dealer, or even forcing them to take the car back under this statute. At this point, its' certainly worth looking into.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-24-2005, 11:13 AM
BKVic's Avatar
BKVic BKVic is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Leaks, leaks everywhere

Does the lemon laws cover used cars?? I didnt think it did.


BKVic
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-24-2005, 12:11 PM
zephram22's Avatar
zephram22 zephram22 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to zephram22 Send a message via Yahoo to zephram22
Re: Re: Leaks, leaks everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKVic
Does the lemon laws cover used cars?? I didnt think it did.


BKVic
Actually, it's for the used cars. No matter what, at least where I live, the Lemon law covers all cars for a period of thirty days. So, it no longer applies to me. But...should the dealership refuse to help me, which they have already done, I will be taking them to court with a lawsuit.
__________________
1963 Triumph TR3 12K
1995 Buick Century Special 178K
1999 Chevy Lumina LTZ 160K
2001 Suburu Forester 53K
2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 45K
2004 BMW Z8 3K
2005 Dodge Charger .5K
2006 Jaguar XJ12 1K

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-24-2005, 01:12 PM
zephram22's Avatar
zephram22 zephram22 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to zephram22 Send a message via Yahoo to zephram22
Re: Leaks, leaks everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by protek22
With all the problems you've encountered so soon, it might be advisable to check out your state's lemon law. You may have options for getting justice from the dealer, or even forcing them to take the car back under this statute. At this point, its' certainly worth looking into.
Yeah I'm going to look further into it. Went out today and started the car. The DIC said low coolant, and sure enough, the surge tank was almost empty. I'm gonna refill and and go complain to the dealer. I'll post what they said as soon as I get back.
__________________
1963 Triumph TR3 12K
1995 Buick Century Special 178K
1999 Chevy Lumina LTZ 160K
2001 Suburu Forester 53K
2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 45K
2004 BMW Z8 3K
2005 Dodge Charger .5K
2006 Jaguar XJ12 1K

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-24-2005, 02:42 PM
zephram22's Avatar
zephram22 zephram22 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to zephram22 Send a message via Yahoo to zephram22
Re: Re: Leaks, leaks everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKVic
Does the lemon laws cover used cars?? I didnt think it did.


BKVic
I didn't bother going to the dealer. I've forwarded my complaint directly to a lawyer. I should know soon...
__________________
1963 Triumph TR3 12K
1995 Buick Century Special 178K
1999 Chevy Lumina LTZ 160K
2001 Suburu Forester 53K
2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 45K
2004 BMW Z8 3K
2005 Dodge Charger .5K
2006 Jaguar XJ12 1K

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-24-2005, 02:51 PM
zephram22's Avatar
zephram22 zephram22 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to zephram22 Send a message via Yahoo to zephram22
Re: Leaks, leaks everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by protek22
With all the problems you've encountered so soon, it might be advisable to check out your state's lemon law. You may have options for getting justice from the dealer, or even forcing them to take the car back under this statute. At this point, its' certainly worth looking into.
By the way, I've started taking pictures of the various noticable leaks. I'm not gonna post the pics on here, just will give the link to them.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a126/zephram22/Leaks/
__________________
1963 Triumph TR3 12K
1995 Buick Century Special 178K
1999 Chevy Lumina LTZ 160K
2001 Suburu Forester 53K
2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 45K
2004 BMW Z8 3K
2005 Dodge Charger .5K
2006 Jaguar XJ12 1K

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-24-2005, 03:29 PM
zephram22's Avatar
zephram22 zephram22 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to zephram22 Send a message via Yahoo to zephram22
Spent about half an hour under the car trying to find sources of my leaks. It looks leak it's been leaking from the oil pan (both at the drain bolt and from where the cartidge is inserted into the system (it looks like a scalloped circle on the bottom of the pan). Also, seems to be some evidence of transmission fluid seeping out through the transmission oil pan gasket. No PS fluid or brake fluid leaks though. I'm happy about that. Hopefully, the damage caused by the dealership inept mechanics won't be permanent.
__________________
1963 Triumph TR3 12K
1995 Buick Century Special 178K
1999 Chevy Lumina LTZ 160K
2001 Suburu Forester 53K
2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 45K
2004 BMW Z8 3K
2005 Dodge Charger .5K
2006 Jaguar XJ12 1K

Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts