-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volvo > S40
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-22-2005, 11:19 PM
OriginalBattosai OriginalBattosai is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Turbo Lag Question

I just bought a 2001 Volvo S40 1.9T with a 5 speed and I was wondering how to fight the massive turbo lag that it has. Answers would be awesome. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-19-2005, 03:34 PM
szalman szalman is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool K&N air filter made a world of difference.

I have also noticed that a slow steady accelleration works better than flooring it. I recently changed the plugs and put in that K&N and I definately noticed a difference.last tankfull I got 28+ mpg with 93 oct.and thats combined city and hway.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-05-2007, 10:10 PM
S40turbo2008 S40turbo2008 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Turbo Lag Question

turbo lag really sucks, and there isnt much to do to fix it. temperature has alot to do wit it. the best weather for a turbo is during the spring or summer when the temp is above 60 degrees.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volvo > S40


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts