|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
AV System Im going to put together... need some help
Well Im about to get a Scion tC and I wanna do a nice system in there, but Im not gonna over do it. Basically Im gonna be running only 1 sub which is gonna be a Kicker L7 4Ohm 1000 rms 15" Solo Baric(Gonna wire parallel) and thats gonna be powered by a Sony P5 1600d amp. The amp is 900rms x1 at 2 Ohms. Then Im gonna have a 4ch(60 rms x4) Sony amp for my highs which Im gonna have 5way Pioneer 6x9s, Pioneer 4 way 6 .5s(Which Im gonna run off my head unit) and Pioneer 3 way 5.25. Basically I just wanna know should I run a 4g or a 2g power wire, and how big of a cap should I get (1 Farad or a 2 farad). If anyone has a tC and did a custom system let me know how it went. Oh and Im gonna get a Kenwood double din 6.5" LCD DVD,CD,MP3,WMA player. If anyone has any suggestions, or if you think my set up is s#it, Im an open ear. Im gonna be doing the installation myself. I am also going to be building a custom box thats gonna hold the amps, Sub, Cap and 6x9s. However the sub box is gonna be in a sealed box thats built into the box...
Thanks for the input
__________________
2006 Scion tC Nothing Yet... |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: AV System Im going to put together... need some help
i would stya away frm sony products for car audio anyway. ive had a sony amp that overheated like whoa, and ive seen some explode systems that werent that bad. so if you can swing it look into stuf from high rated companys in the newbie thread. and can you go into more detail on the whole box thing? are you saying your gonna have front and rear in stock location, then 2 more with your sub? if so then why?
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Well the speaker sizes are pretty small, (5.25, 6.5) and the because of the location of the rear stock speakers, I don't think Im gonna get good sound production out of them. I wanna put the 6x9s facing the front of the car so I get good sound. Also because I'll get better highs if I add the 6x9s. Im still kind of a n00b with systems, hence why Im on here.
![]() As for the reason why Im going with a Sony amp, a friend of mine who knows his shit when it comes to systems swears by them. He said he got better performance for the money then he did with a RF amp.(Not saying Sony> RF but he got more bang for his buck with Sony) So I figured I'll see how they are. If it turns out to be a bad investment, then I'll just go out and spend the extra few bucks and get a higher end amp. I had a pair of Xplod subs that hit pretty nicely and I wired them independent.
__________________
2006 Scion tC Nothing Yet... |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: AV System Im going to put together... need some help
ok..... 6.6's are better then 6x9s, you get truer sound reproduction our of them. circle>oval
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: AV System Im going to put together... need some help
Ah ok. Didn't know that. Should I replace the 6x9s with 6.5s or just do away with that plan altogether? I think If I have another pair of speakers pointing towards the front of the car I'll get some nice clear highs, apposed to just having the 5.25s in the front doors and 6.5s in the rear side panels. What do you think?
__________________
2006 Scion tC Nothing Yet... |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: AV System Im going to put together... need some help
the panels are fine, do you know if there components? to you have a tiny speaker abovethem, maybe in the a-pillar?
and do you have stock 6x9's or stock 6.5's? |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
good lord, you got speakers everywhere. The best sounding systems usually only have one speaker per frequency range per channel. Means 1 or 2 subs, 2 mids and 2 tweets (and 2 midbass if you want).
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: AV System Im going to put together... need some help
i got 2 front 4x6's (tweets basically) 2 rear 6x9s (mids/midbass) and a 15" sub. i was going to replace to get 6.5's for the rear, but i got the 6x9's free, and there decent, higher end kenwood execelon (sp?) so i took them instead.
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: AV System Im going to put together... need some help
The front door speakers(5.25) are component. The tweaters are on the door. The rear panel are are stock 6.5 non- component.
__________________
2006 Scion tC Nothing Yet... |
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: AV System Im going to put together... need some help
replace the rears w/ some nice 6.5 co-axials, unless you feel up to making tweeter pods, then go component.
can you fit 6.5's in the front? |
|
#11
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: AV System Im going to put together... need some help
Nah, I dont think so. I would probably have to cut and I really dont want to do that.
__________________
2006 Scion tC Nothing Yet... |
|
#12
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: AV System Im going to put together... need some help
then get some nice 5.25 components
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|