-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-17-2005, 12:41 PM
neustkg neustkg is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Interior Window/upholstery fastener

I have a 2000 Grand Prix GT with leather interior. There are 4 "devices" that I believe clamp down the leather door panel. They are located on top of the door between the leather door panel and the glass (bottom part of glass) but does not touch glass. These are about 15 inches or so long and are U shaped and I believe they are made of metal and are powder coated or plastic coated. They seem to small sharp teeth inside the U channel. I have 2 or three that have become detached and have broken in half (that is how I know they are made of metal).

Does anyone know the official name of these (I want to call the dealer to see if they stock these). Or does anyone know if there is a place where I can buy them for less than I would pay at a dealer (ebay?)?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-17-2005, 01:49 PM
GTP Dad GTP Dad is offline
Pontiac Guy
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,441
Thanks: 2
Thanked 82 Times in 78 Posts
Re: Interior Window/upholstery fastener

Try gmpartsdirect.com or rockauto.com and search the collision section. You should be able to find the part you need there or at least get the name of what it is called. They also sell genuine GM parts for less than most dealers.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts