-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing
Register FAQ Community
Sketching and Drawing Sketchers and drawers in the house?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Sccrplyr06's Avatar
Sccrplyr06 Sccrplyr06 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Sccrplyr06
Carrera GT- first drawing in a year

I finally managed to find the time and motivation to complete another drawing. College took all of my time the past year but while working around a GT every day this summer, I decided to draw one. The car is in motion but I left the background out for now. The scan isn't the best but oh well. Tomorrow I'm bringing the drawing to work to take a picture of it with the real thing. Criticism welcomed.

__________________

Last edited by Sccrplyr06; 08-16-2005 at 09:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-16-2005, 09:26 PM
MBTN's Avatar
MBTN MBTN is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,707
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MBTN
Re: Carrera GT- first drawing in a year

Looks damn near perfect! The wheels look good, but the tires seem a little off. The lower front kinda cuts off. The lower rear looks a little thin/ Other than that OK!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-16-2005, 09:31 PM
Mshkttck's Avatar
Mshkttck Mshkttck is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,203
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
amazing... you've got talent bro

a few tiny proportional problems but damn, thats a nice drawing
__________________

mshkttck: you are a
mshkttck: LYER!!!
mshkttck: LIER!!
alex: liar?
mshkttck: LIAR, yes, thank you
alex: haha
alex: rofl
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-17-2005, 12:32 PM
stuffbyalex's Avatar
stuffbyalex stuffbyalex is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,391
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Carrera GT- first drawing in a year

Glad to see you back at drawing again! The wheels on this one are amazing, you really captured the feel of motion in the drawing. There seems to be a chunk missing from the front bumper right in front of the front wheel?

Alex
__________________
www.geocities.com/stuffbyalex
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-17-2005, 05:23 PM
Sccrplyr06's Avatar
Sccrplyr06 Sccrplyr06 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Sccrplyr06
Thanks for the compliments. Hopefully I can find time once classes start to get some drawings done here and there.

Alex: there is a black plastic piece there on the bumper and my reference pic has it blended perfectly in with the under shadow. It looks more natural in the actual drawing.

Today at the end of work I took a bunch of pics of the GT and heres one with the drawing. I like the look of the two together.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-17-2005, 06:15 PM
Black Dak Black Dak is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 94
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's beautiful! Lucky you to have the real thing for company every day!!
__________________
If I can't drive 'em... I'll draw 'em!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-18-2005, 09:51 AM
GirlBear's Avatar
GirlBear GirlBear is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,040
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Very very nice. Looks perfec to me. Also dig the photo with the drawing infront of the original. God damn thats sweet!
__________________

http://jowulf.deviantart.com/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-22-2005, 02:27 PM
jimi00 jimi00 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 56
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Carrera GT- first drawing in a year

nice drawings. anyone got advice on headlights or chrome effects on bumpers etc?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-22-2005, 02:36 PM
jimi00 jimi00 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 56
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Carrera GT- first drawing in a year

nice carrera. luv the way you done the lights. i'm useless at the headlights
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-22-2005, 05:18 PM
gnasha's Avatar
gnasha gnasha is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 343
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Really really nice, the smoothing is good and I love the blurred effect on the wheel. Brilliant effort.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-23-2005, 11:23 AM
g00eY's Avatar
g00eY g00eY is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,065
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Carrera GT- first drawing in a year

wow! great work! i like how you drew the rims.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-26-2005, 02:50 PM
nismo4banger nismo4banger is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 253
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to nismo4banger
Re: Carrera GT- first drawing in a year

Is this entirely done in pencil? Maybe it's the scan but it looks like you used vine charcoal for a lot of the shading. That sounds like a good idea. Either way, the drawing is incredible.
__________________
My car and drawings
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Sccrplyr06's Avatar
Sccrplyr06 Sccrplyr06 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Sccrplyr06
Its all in pencil. Charcoal would be interesting to try or maybe even conte crayon but I like a medium that you can have muiltple goes at it until it is right. Its primarily because of the scan that it looks like that. I normally shade using a stump with lead dust on it and not by shading with a pencil and then blending it in. This might be a unique technique or not but I don't know since I have taught myself everything. I just have found it the easiest way to get a nice and smooth looking surface. I have a feeling that this might also be the reason why it is a spotty scan.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-27-2005, 01:51 AM
subyfanatic's Avatar
subyfanatic subyfanatic is offline
BiggE
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 546
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's some nice work. I've been dreaming about that car a lot recently. The Porsche dealer near me has one sitting in the showroom, all alone at the far end of there new building. When I drive on that highway late at night and see it there sparkling under the museum lighting in all it's silver German glory, I imagine myself recreating that opening scene in Gone In 60 Seconds, throwing a big brick through the glass, snatching the keys, and just hauling ass like a bat out of hell.

Of course, that's only Hollywood and I'd never get away with even walking up close enough to the dealer without being arrested. I guess I'll just keep dreaming.
__________________
"Follow the white rabbit."

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-27-2005, 08:00 AM
G-man422's Avatar
G-man422 G-man422 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to G-man422
Re: Carrera GT- first drawing in a year

great! i like it a lot.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts