-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-04-2005, 11:54 AM
ChrisXE ChrisXE is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help: 97' Mustang V6 Odometer stoped working

I just bought a black 97 mustang. Everything worked great on it the first week. Then I went to a local shabby(pretty ran down shop) to get my car inspected(i live in VA) and it got rejected because of a serphane belt(I know I spelled it all wrong). So they offered to replace it for $95 total and then they would pass my car for inspection(weird thing I heard is that it should have never been rejected because of that). Well next thing I know my Odometer has not turned over since then and its 4 days later. Any ideas what it could be? how to make it work again? Did they unplug it or mess something up when messing with that belt? Any ideas are appreciated.

Can this be fixed by myself if so how? thank you
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-04-2005, 03:45 PM
351wStang's Avatar
351wStang 351wStang is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,271
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Help: 97' Mustang V6 Odometer stoped working

Do you mean serpentine belt? If so then no that shoud not have anything to do with the odometer as that should be all in dash except for what goes to the tranny.
__________________
1969 Cougar
357w & TKO - 475hp
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts