-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-28-2005, 12:10 PM
rock0134 rock0134 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 573
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to rock0134 Send a message via Yahoo to rock0134
2 good questions

Question #1: I got my New CD player installed quite a while ago and i havent been able to figure out why the antenna raises every time i turn the car on, even if i am not using the radio. It never used to be like that with the stock cd player. The antenna would only raise if i would use the radio. So im wondering if it is a wiring problem that can be fixed or if thats the way it has to be.

Question #2: Since getting my EVO III turbo i havent turned up the boost at all. I went to turn the boost up using the TURBOXS mbc the other day and it doesnt work for turning the boost up. It was professionally installed and all of hte connections are still made with the mbc.

Oh yea and im going to race in Rock Falls, Wisconsin this weekend for the first time... is anybody else gonna be there?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-28-2005, 12:21 PM
l_eclipse_l's Avatar
l_eclipse_l l_eclipse_l is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,772
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My antenna dosn't raise at all anymore. I don't really know why, all the connections are accurate. I know the antenna works because it did right before I put the new cd player in. I didn't feel like tearing the thing apart again, it's such a pain getting it all back together.
__________________
'92 3000gt SL

Zoom Stage 1 Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjewer1
I disagree. Better is better. Bigger is just bigger.

I just made that up, and I like it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-28-2005, 01:36 PM
spyderturbo007's Avatar
spyderturbo007 spyderturbo007 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,634
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2 good questions

Question #1: I have no freakin' clue. I let the audio questions to the other guys. I always seem to fry something when I try to hook head units up

Question #2: Are you sure you are turning the MBC the correct direction? What is your boost level right now? Was the MBC functioning correctly before the turbo installation? Is the MBC bottomed out?
__________________


1997 Spyder GS-T
5-Speed
EVO III 16g, DSMLink, Walboro 190 lph Fuel Pump, FIC 650cc injectors, CoolingMist 150psi Methanol Injection, Greddy EVO 2 Cat Back, 2.5" Extreme DP, 2.5" Extreme Hi-Flow Cat, Injen intake, HyperDrive C1 Street Disk & PP, HyperDrive Lightweight Flywheel, 1g BOV, RRE UICP, Home Depot MBC, AEM UEGO WBO2, Brembo Slotted rotors, Akebono Ceramic Pads
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-28-2005, 02:04 PM
rock0134 rock0134 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 573
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to rock0134 Send a message via Yahoo to rock0134
Re: 2 good questions

yea im doin it the right way and yes it was working before with the stock t25 turbo. The boost level is at only 10 psi right now so...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-28-2005, 07:50 PM
kjewer1 kjewer1 is offline
AF - Advisor
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 6,342
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: 2 good questions

#1) Odds are the supply to the antenna was connected to a switched 12 volt source, and not the CD players power signal wire, perhaps becuase it doesnt have one for some reason. I have to think that every modern aftermarket head unit is going to have an auxiliary turn on wire though. Could be installer error.
__________________
Kevin Jewer
RWD Talon - 7.92 at 180
Mightymax - 10.7 at 125
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-28-2005, 07:58 PM
JoeWagon's Avatar
JoeWagon JoeWagon is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,046
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2 good questions

#1 easy fix is to wire the antenna to the amp remote (aux 'turn on' wire)
#2 your MBC isn't hooked up properly to the wastegate actuator.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts