-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-26-2005, 01:42 AM
creative123 creative123 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
question about salvage title

Im trying to buy an integra right now and the seller tells me that the car was involved in two accidents. another car hit the passenger side door was the first accident. the second was that he drove it into a bigger car's rear end. he had to replace both the hood and the passenger side door as a result. he tells me that he doesnt think it has a salvage title because they were'nt big accidents even mentioning that the air bags didnt pop for both cases. He then brought it in to the shop and fixed it up. my questions are whether or not this car is salvage and how much should be reduced from the price as if it didnt get into any accidents
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-26-2005, 08:27 PM
nu-b94teg nu-b94teg is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If the car wasn't declared a total loss by the insurance company, it will still have a clear title. If the body shop didn't do a good job in fixing it, then you might be able to get a good discount, It really just depends on how good a negotiator you are. Ask to see the title and it will say if it is a reconditioned title or its just a regular title. The guy who owns it should know if its salvaged or not. I bought my 94 ls for $2800 about 2 years ago. It had a salvaged title but the car hasn't given me any major problems. My Integra is the best used car I've ever owned. I've been asked if I wanted to sell my car and have been offered 5k for it but I got too many plans for it and I think I would miss it. So if you can get a good price on an Integra I would say go for it.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Integra


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts