-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-19-2005, 09:02 PM
mikebaby mikebaby is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
02 GT will not start

I've been reading the forum for a while, and finally have a reason register and post. I have an '02 GT that will not start. A month ago I had the same problem. The starter has been replaced, and all seemed fine. Today at work, the car wouldn't start again. I have a good charge from the battery, and everything lights up like it should on the dash. Under the hood, I don't hear anything from the starter, but I do hear what I believe to be the injectors. The security light does not come on. Does anyone have any ideas? I tried the search button, but came up empty.

Thanks in advance,
mikebaby
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-20-2005, 05:43 AM
GTP Dad GTP Dad is offline
Pontiac Guy
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,441
Thanks: 2
Thanked 82 Times in 78 Posts
Re: 02 GT will not start

Try checking the grounds to the car both at the block and the battery. Corrosion can do some strange things. Secondly, try a remote start switch by connecting it to the starter solenoid. If the ignition switch has gone bad then this should start the car. The only other item I can think of is to remove the starter and have it tested. It appears that some starters are faulting internally and not working correctly. Start with the grounds and go from there.

Welcome to the forum!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts