-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community
Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-19-2005, 12:06 PM
Trueeclipse's Avatar
Trueeclipse Trueeclipse is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 265
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Drivers Side Door Lock Problems HELP!!!!

Okay I am having locking mechanism problems with my drivers side door. At first I thought it was the door panel pushing down on the locking mechanism some how but I took it off and it did nothing so it seems to be something else.... Has anyone encountered this?! What should I do to fix it?! Where should I take it!?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-19-2005, 12:59 PM
l_eclipse_l's Avatar
l_eclipse_l l_eclipse_l is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,772
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Drivers Side Door Lock Problems HELP!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueeclipse
Okay I am having locking mechanism problems with my drivers side door. At first I thought it was the door panel pushing down on the locking mechanism some how but I took it off and it did nothing so it seems to be something else.... Has anyone encountered this?! What should I do to fix it?! Where should I take it!?
1. Put your year, make, and model in your signature

2. What exactly is the "problem" with the locking mechanism?

3. Take it to a dealer (duh)
__________________
'92 3000gt SL

Zoom Stage 1 Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjewer1
I disagree. Better is better. Bigger is just bigger.

I just made that up, and I like it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-19-2005, 05:23 PM
Trueeclipse's Avatar
Trueeclipse Trueeclipse is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 265
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Drivers Side Door Lock Problems HELP!!!!

my bad

1996 Mitsu Spyder Eclipse

Hmm its really wierd I push the lock button and it locks like half way sometimes... So I took the panel off and tried fidgeting around and I cant figure out the problem... I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this before?! I mean the problem is that the drivers side door wont lock =[
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-19-2005, 06:23 PM
viet_boiiiii's Avatar
viet_boiiiii viet_boiiiii is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 485
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to viet_boiiiii
Re: Drivers Side Door Lock Problems HELP!!!!

I had the same problem, some1 broke my side window and crushed the panel a little bit. That caused something in my car to bend or not work properly. All i do now is slam the door hard and it locks. Nothing will break when u slam the door but not too hard. Another solution is leave the door open, press the button on the side of the car (this button automaticly tells the car that u shut'ed the door) and press the lock button. Now that the door is in lock mode, you cannot close it since theres a mini bar blocking the way of the handle. Release the button that automaticly tells the car that the door is closed and press unlock. Close the door and try locking it from there. This worked with me and also freaked me out because i couldnt shut the door on lock mode.
__________________
new 2006 Scion tC - 5spd
-magnaflow catback
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2088489
~~~R.I.P (7-2-05)~~~
1998 Eclipse Gst - 5 spd
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Trueeclipse's Avatar
Trueeclipse Trueeclipse is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 265
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Drivers Side Door Lock Problems HELP!!!!

that sucks so much the same thing happend to me... Is there a way to fix it... Were you insured at the time of the accident... I didnt notice it till just now
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-22-2005, 10:36 PM
Julioluko Julioluko is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 159
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Drivers Side Door Lock Problems HELP!!!!

it sounds like your problem is in the linkage, the linkage in the door is made of poor quality metal an bends easily, in your case it bent outwards and isnt locking right, it also wouldnt hurt to spray some Tri-flow in there to loosen it up.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-24-2005, 07:29 PM
Trueeclipse's Avatar
Trueeclipse Trueeclipse is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 265
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That is exactly what I did with WD-40, it lubricated it now... It works properly now but I dont know for how long heh
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-02-2007, 01:03 PM
stormygirl stormygirl is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Drivers Side Door Lock Problems HELP!!!!

i am having the same problem with the lock on drivers side door. Where exactly did you spray the WD-40?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-02-2007, 01:36 PM
smoke121212's Avatar
smoke121212 smoke121212 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 360
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Drivers Side Door Lock Problems HELP!!!!

same problem wit passenger side door.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-02-2007, 02:28 PM
L-Spec's Avatar
L-Spec L-Spec is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 700
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to L-Spec
Re: Drivers Side Door Lock Problems HELP!!!!

I figured this was an old thread when I saw veit_boiiiii's Scion... lol geez.
__________________



1992 Ẽfini RX-7 FD3S
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-04-2007, 11:58 PM
gthompson97's Avatar
gthompson97 gthompson97 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,625
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to gthompson97 Send a message via MSN to gthompson97
Re: Drivers Side Door Lock Problems HELP!!!!

Wow smoke, you need to look at the thread dates before you bring them back. This thread is a year and a half old. Don't bring back old threads unless you're the original poster, thanks. If you're having a problem with something, start a new thread.
__________________
95 Talon TSI AWD

97 Eclipse GST

Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts