-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Buick > LeSabre
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-17-2005, 09:29 PM
dnakohrmann dnakohrmann is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lesabre gauge cluster

I have a 97 lesabre and the speedometer and tach work intermitenly.
From what I have read from other posts, I belive it is the gauge cluster, I hooked a scan tool to it(no codes) to test the vss and it showed the correct speed while the gauge read zero, so I assume that rules out the vss as the problem, I have never had a gauge cluster out and was wondering if I can switch my odometer out with the one I get from the salvage yard.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-17-2005, 10:09 PM
HotZ28's Avatar
HotZ28 HotZ28 is offline
AF Moderator Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,764
Thanks: 87
Thanked 72 Times in 72 Posts
Re: lesabre gauge cluster

It should be an easy swap. Pull all of the plastic trim off of the dash. Hidden screws are in the air vents, you will need to remove them to access. Pull front trim off and you can access the cluster. Change the whole unit with the same type and you will have the same functions.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-18-2005, 01:39 AM
93buicklesabrelmtd's Avatar
93buicklesabrelmtd 93buicklesabrelmtd is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 222
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: lesabre gauge cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnakohrmann
I have a 97 lesabre and the speedometer and tach work intermitenly.
From what I have read from other posts, I belive it is the gauge cluster, I hooked a scan tool to it(no codes) to test the vss and it showed the correct speed while the gauge read zero, so I assume that rules out the vss as the problem, I have never had a gauge cluster out and was wondering if I can switch my odometer out with the one I get from the salvage yard.

Plug and Play!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-18-2005, 04:43 PM
dnakohrmann dnakohrmann is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Actually what I meant was am I able to put my odometer into the new gauge cluster,so it reads the actual mileage or is that not interchangeable?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-19-2005, 01:14 AM
93buicklesabrelmtd's Avatar
93buicklesabrelmtd 93buicklesabrelmtd is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 222
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: lesabre gauge cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnakohrmann
Actually what I meant was am I able to put my odometer into the new gauge cluster,so it reads the actual mileage or is that not interchangeable?
If you open both clusters, then you may be able just to transfer the odometer part of it. Few screws if I can remember. Or you can try using an eraser to slide the digits, with the front glass off the cluster. Might work...
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Buick > LeSabre


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts