-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Toyota > ECHO/Vitz/Yaris
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Stoeger Stoeger is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 56
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Echo - Hesitation Bog when first step on throttle

No matter what speed I am going, the engine bogs if I step on the throttle medium to hard. Hesitates for a sec, then picks up.

No problem if I gently step on the gas.

I tested at the engine with the airbox off so it's not a clogged filter. I also changed plugs and shot some throttle body cleaner into the tb. No change.

ANY IDEAS?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-23-2005, 11:03 PM
dtyler100 dtyler100 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have 140k miles on mine. Around 100k, I had to replace the rear O2 sensor to turn get the "check engine" light to go off.
In the last few weeks I have noticed after I pull up to the first red light of the morning drive, when I try to take off, the engine almost dies. This lasts much more than one or two seconds and in fact I have almost been rear-ended more than once!
But it hasn't died yet. After several seconds of this, it finally takes off and I don't suffer this any more during the day. Even after 9 hours of sitting in the parking lot at work. Only when I first use the car in the day (usually this is the morning. But I have also used the car for the first time in the afternoon and it still hesitates. but not again until the next day.)
Minimal research I have done so far: the fuel filter is a usual suspect for this symptom but the Echo's filter is inside the gas tank, on top of the fuel pump. Don't know if there is an access hole in the bottom of the trunk to get to it or if the whole tank has to be dropped.
And if it is the fuel filter, wht does it only restrict fuel for the first drive of the day? Wy wouldn't it stay blocked all the time?
Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Toyota > ECHO/Vitz/Yaris


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts