-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Passat
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-09-2005, 08:27 PM
jonallen jonallen is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Passat auto transmission mistake-HELP!

I have a 2004 Passat 1.8T. This vehicle has a sealed transmission. I accidentally drained the fluid (please don't ask) and I'm wondering if anyone out there knows how I can fill the transmission without having it towed to a dealer. Manual doesn't even touch the issue. I'm aware that I need the special VW transmission fluid. I'd like to do it at home, as the tow is over 30 miles. Thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-11-2005, 01:29 PM
The_Penguin The_Penguin is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 90
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Passat auto transmission mistake-HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonallen
I have a 2004 Passat 1.8T. This vehicle has a sealed transmission. I accidentally drained the fluid (please don't ask) and I'm wondering if anyone out there knows how I can fill the transmission without having it towed to a dealer. Manual doesn't even touch the issue. I'm aware that I need the special VW transmission fluid. I'd like to do it at home, as the tow is over 30 miles. Thanks for your time.

There's a great writeup on how to do this at:

http://www.taligentx.com/passat/maintenance/atfchange/

In your case, you can skip the filter change, pan drop etc, and just refill via the check/fill hole.

Another interesting link, is a handy DIY fill tool:

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=174429
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Passat


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts