|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
The next Silverado SS
the highly anticipated LS derived V10 slated for production in several upcoming GM vehicles has been terminated. According to GM insiders, the V10 was scrapped due to fears of fuel consumption and the redundancy of it's power output compared to the Supercharged 6.0L LS2. Apparently after being tuned, a Supercharged LS2 is capable of up to 608HP. However it is more likely that GM will send out it's Supercharged LS2 with a 500HP/500lb.ft torque rating. While the V10 would not have required premium fuel (as does the LS2 SC), it's ratings would be lower than that of the LS2 SC, while retaining the same power numbers.
So what does this mean to us? Well apparently the next generation Silverado SS will indeed be a Silverado SS Supercharged. However instead of supercharging it's Vortec 6.0, GM will supercharge the LS2 and drop it in the engine bay of our beloved Silverado giving us GM fans a true Performance Full-Size pickup. Look for the next generation Silverado SS to feature a Short-cab, 6-Speed transmission (both manual and manu-matic) with optional AWD. Be afraid SRT-10 The V-10 is being reserved for the top secret "Blue Devil" Corrvette project rumored to be called the Corrvette SS or posibly stingray |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: The next Silverado SS
I'd sure guess it'll be too rich for my blood, say $40,000 or more. GM has a way of appealing to the well heeled and ignoring the enthusiasts.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: The next Silverado SS
Thats the way it should be though to keep the vehicle classes in line, so that an SS like the SRT-10 is seperated from the other trucks. Also they wouldnt be as cool if everyone had one.
__________________
"Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups." 1997 K-1500 Silverado Vortec 350...125,610 and wounded HD chassis package Custom TRUE DUAL exhaust with cut-outs and Flowmaster 40 series mufflers Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer Custom Ram-air Intake with K&N FIPK GEN II TFES Performance 3" Suspension Lift Dual Air-Horn Kit with Compressor Bed-Mounted 48" Hi-Lift Jack Cobra Laser Radar Detector 285/75/R16 Cooper Discoverer STT's 1/4 Mile 10/15/05: 16.43 @ 91mph |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: The next Silverado SS
Quote:
scary stuff
__________________
Simon R 2001 Silverado W/T 4.3 124,000 |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: The next Silverado SS
Quote:
__________________
![]() ![]() ![]() "When I step on the gas, I want people to think the world is coming to an end!" - Homer Simpson 2002 ECSB, Nelson Tune, LS1 electric fans, 145A alternator, K&N FIPK, 160º T-stat, TB coolant bypass, Corvette servo, 4 headlight mod, blue LED gauge cluster |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: The next Silverado SS
i would love to see it though i probably couldnt afford it, at least the truck itself. most couldnt afford to put gas in it. kills me how many guys would like to have a truck like that yet there is 9 pages on how to get better fuel mileage.why would anybody buy a full size truck with 4.8 or larger engine and wonder how to get better mileage.i can see the forum now. i love my neww silverado ss but how can i get better gas mileage.i just find it kinda funny.enough ranting on i would love that truck myself.
__________________
2002 Z71 ext. cab LT trim badgeless Rhino spray in liner Stock for now, other than free mods future plans (how far in the future depends on wallet) Toyo Open Country M/T's air intake (not sure which yet) exhaust system (seems that Magna flow is the ticket) Nelson tune 3 or 4 inch lift |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: The next Silverado SS
Forget about the payments and the gas, I'd be lucky if I could afford the insurance!!
Wonder what I could sell... |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: The next Silverado SS
Quote:
The reason there's 9 pages about getting better MPG, is that there are actually ways to do it. I don't know about you, but I hate to spend money when I don't have to, and knowing there are ways to improve the MPG's and not doing it is just foolish. I see you also have a Nelson tuned PCM. I'm sure none of your decision to get one was affected by the fact that it helps the MPG's out. I know that factored heavily into my decision to get one.
__________________
![]() ![]() ![]() "When I step on the gas, I want people to think the world is coming to an end!" - Homer Simpson 2002 ECSB, Nelson Tune, LS1 electric fans, 145A alternator, K&N FIPK, 160º T-stat, TB coolant bypass, Corvette servo, 4 headlight mod, blue LED gauge cluster |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: The next Silverado SS
Blender, have you wondered what his 93 tune would feel like under that foot????? I know that the tune has helped the mpg and also found a way to pull my foot down further. So all in all the gains I found in mpg have partially been negated by my foot. Still worth every penny!!!!
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: The next Silverado SS
Quote:
__________________
![]() ![]() ![]() "When I step on the gas, I want people to think the world is coming to an end!" - Homer Simpson 2002 ECSB, Nelson Tune, LS1 electric fans, 145A alternator, K&N FIPK, 160º T-stat, TB coolant bypass, Corvette servo, 4 headlight mod, blue LED gauge cluster |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: The next Silverado SS
That power is additive. Can't stop thinking about the 1/4 mile... I want the power but need the mpg. It goes back to the Wants & Needs... Wants & Needs.
Did you go to the other side and see my latest folly??? |
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: The next Silverado SS
Quote:
__________________
![]() ![]() ![]() "When I step on the gas, I want people to think the world is coming to an end!" - Homer Simpson 2002 ECSB, Nelson Tune, LS1 electric fans, 145A alternator, K&N FIPK, 160º T-stat, TB coolant bypass, Corvette servo, 4 headlight mod, blue LED gauge cluster |
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: The next Silverado SS
Quote:
You know whats even funnier? The guy who started the gas mileage thread is the owner of a 2004 2wd SS version truck - that's me. Imagine what its like to get 21.9 mpg on the highway with 345 hp (before I get my Nelson tune) - in a full sized extended cab pickup - AND I have great traction in winter Wisconsin driving. Some of that improvement came from reading other people's ideas on the forum - on the thread I started. You see - I believe that people come to these forums to "have it all" - not just to "have some of it all". We're all different - we're all looking for as good as we can get - each in different ways and for different uses. I like to think that if I can get better mpg in the exact same truck - then I can afford to be in that truck longer and drive just a few extra miles and enjoy the truck more often. Nelson tells me that with his tune - I'll gain ANOTHER 30 hp and get about 1 to 1.5 mpg gain at the very same time from what I already get. If that happens and if he is correct - my truck will have about 375hp and get better than 23 mpg on the highway AND greater longevity for my truck besides. But please understand - its not about "my truck" or what I'm doing - its about each of our trucks - regardless what you have or its age or condition. Isn't improving that truck with small or little cost in ANY way - a benefit to its owner? Isn't that the whole point of mods and the whole point of reading on the internet about trucks? ![]() Not just "funny" in my way of thinking - its smart too ![]() Catch U later,
__________________
. . . .>>>>> . .White Lightening . .<<<<< ![]() ![]() More pictures??? Link below shows them & a list of features and options on this 2wd SS V.H.O. http://files.automotiveforums.com/ga...ite+Lightening |
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: The next Silverado SS
Each reader has his own idea of the perfect truck. No two trucks will ever be drivin the same, treated the same nor modified the same. Some mods are great for 4 wheelers, some are great for milage seekers, and some mods just suck no matter what you are after. Atleast here I know that someone has tried the mod and learned something.... I will make my own opinion based on my past experiance, past education, and others opinions. Some times I come to this site for the sole purpose of laughing with others, yes that was WITH others. Sometimes I come here to rant and sometimes to see what others are up to. Bottom line is most of us are here to get something out of the forum to help fix a problem or make a mod to better utilize what you've got.
My wife and co-workers asked why I did not trade my truck in for something new since I have 84K on it, I thought I would build a mass grave for their ignorance of why I love my truck so much. Funny thing always happens, when you finally get your truck where you want it it either hits high maintanence, high mileage or hits or gets hit and does the unfixable thing. Now to quit ranting and go finish replacing the burned up alt.... |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|