-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corsica
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-30-2005, 08:46 AM
dtimmy9 dtimmy9 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation coolant leak, need part help!

I recently purchased the 91 3.1v6 corsica from my aunt, and rebuilt the engine due to a blown head gasket. after putting everything back together, i have a coolant leak from a line that i believe comes from the heater core to the thermostat housing. The leak is comming from the Thermostat housing end of the line. The Chevy Parts place said they cant help me. I need atleast the clip, but would like to get the entire pipe as well as both end clips. The pipe gets bolted to the block as can be seen in the picture on the site enclosed.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/332398/4
the pictures show the black clip where i have the leak.
its located beneath the intake (which the rubberpipe has been removed in the picture) if someone can tell me where i can get a replacement ( a part number would be great!) or if someone has one they would want to sell me.. please help!

David
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-30-2005, 05:23 PM
jsgold jsgold is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,115
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I have a 91 and have had a leak once in the coolant bypass pipe, which bolts to the front of the motor and hooks into a rubber hose near the throttle body. It tends to leak right where it bolts to the front, however never had a leak in what I think is near the throttle body area itself. Unsure if you are referring to that line, but the only other pipe / hose mentioned in my GM service manual in that area is the throttle body heater pipe, which could be your culprit. I am surprised GM dealer could not help on this, the one near us will blow up a schematic for you and it is easier to find the part #. If it is a disc. part(s), only chance would be out of a junkyard either from a Corsica or Beretta. I think the 89's - 91 would be similar enough to use, however perhaps someone else with experiance with this can add to it. Anyone else??
__________________
I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-13-2006, 02:03 PM
ThomasG ThomasG is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: coolant leak, need part help!

I have a coolant leak that I can't find 3.1l V6 '92 Corsica, changed rad (because it was leaking) upper hose, new coolant - checked all the hoses -don't see any leaks - when I come out in the morning have a large stain - very little coolant. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-16-2006, 10:20 AM
richtazz's Avatar
richtazz richtazz is offline
stupidity should hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,129
Thanks: 2
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Re: coolant leak, need part help!

This is an old post, and may be closed. You may want to start a new thread. As far as your question, can you be a little more specific as to where the leak/stain is (drivers side, pass side, etc...)?
__________________


Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-16-2006, 04:21 PM
ThomasG ThomasG is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: coolant leak, need part help!

Its on the passenger side. There is coolant dripping(very slowly) from the underside of the body/frame components that support the radiator (center & passenger side), but this doesn't show me where it is leaking from. Someone suggested getting a UV light and trying to follow the trail back...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-18-2006, 10:57 AM
richtazz's Avatar
richtazz richtazz is offline
stupidity should hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,129
Thanks: 2
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Re: coolant leak, need part help!

Check the water pump first, for leaking around the weep holes in the casting.
__________________


Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corsica


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts