-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-29-2005, 07:32 AM
Lurchio's Avatar
Lurchio Lurchio is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 445
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New kit purchases and use of R/C wheels and tyres

Had some deliveries yesterday - bought Fujimi egear Gallardo, 348 tbs, 1937 ford coupe, boyd smoothster and a 1/12 scale 57 chevy.

Bit crazy as I still have lots of unfinished kits but hey - nothing compared to some of the collections out there!

I'm quite excited about the Chevy - it's enormous - my mind is going crazy thinking about ideas - what I could do.
Ideally I want to go for a low smooth Foose type design!

I've searched everywhere for 1/12 upgrades / accessories but can't really find anything.
More importantly I want new wheels.
I had an idea I could use 1/10 R/C wheels and tyres of which there is an awesome selection available and the tyres look fantastic (may have to reduce width.

Does anyone know the average height of these wheels or will the difference in scale be negligible.
I'm curoius as to know what they would scale out as - i.e. 18", 20" etc.

Can anyone help?

Also anyone know where I could get any other engine upgrade parts/ new engine etc in this sort of scale?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-29-2005, 03:12 PM
atlas000's Avatar
atlas000 atlas000 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 100
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1/10 RC wheels/tires are typically 2.2 inches high, and 22, 24 or 26mm wide. There are also some very nice wheel sets for 1/12 scales pan and F1 cars (I''m not sure of the dimensions.) Several manufacturers have a good selection (Tamiya, HPI Racing, Kyosho, etc.) Try Tower Hobbies on the web.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-30-2005, 07:22 AM
Lurchio's Avatar
Lurchio Lurchio is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 445
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: New kit purchases and use of R/C wheels and tyres

Thanks Atlas - I'll have a look.
Everyone else who didn't bother - thanks, maybe I'd get more response if I posted a poll!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-30-2005, 11:51 AM
atlas000's Avatar
atlas000 atlas000 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 100
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No problem. Take a look at this forum --> http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/f...hp?forumid=114, these guys are all about RC.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts