-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Performance
Register FAQ Community
Performance Anything you ever wanted to know about boosting the performance of your Cavalier.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-25-2005, 01:23 AM
karate_champ14 karate_champ14 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to karate_champ14 Send a message via Yahoo to karate_champ14
Question Struts

I was looking at lowing my cavi and I was figuring out how much everything was going to cost...daaaang. One quick question for you guys, If I buy struts and lowing springs or coilovers will I be able to put them on myself? Somebody I kno says he was going to lower his cavalier but he says you need to cut metal and everything to put the struts in so you need to get it done professionally. What do you all need to do to put those things on? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-25-2005, 09:09 AM
ImSoYesterday ImSoYesterday is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 377
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to ImSoYesterday Send a message via AIM to ImSoYesterday Send a message via MSN to ImSoYesterday Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoYesterday
Re: Struts

You can do anything yourself. But yeah, that guy probably cut the springs, people who do that generally hold hands with other guys.
__________________
Emily's personal boyslave

TSS: Rockin' the Bitches' Faces.
B16A2 engine with:
Short ram intake.
DC Sport header: Ceramic coated, 4-2-1.
Custom headerback exhaust with disconnected muffler.
MSD Ignition system. (With Enkei wires)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/imsoyesterday
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-25-2005, 05:02 PM
karate_champ14 karate_champ14 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to karate_champ14 Send a message via Yahoo to karate_champ14
Talking struts

Alright.... so which kind of sturts would you recommend? I heard that KYB isnt to bad of a compant and I also heard dropzone is nice?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-25-2005, 07:13 PM
01Cavy 01Cavy is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 871
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 01Cavy
If it were me i'd go with KYB AGX struts and Eibach prokit springs. Forget dropzone. CRJ had the dropzone springs and the ride was terrible. He runs the AGX/Prokit combo now, so I'm sure he'll back that setup!
__________________
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Check out my CarDomain at...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493960
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Thor06's Avatar
Thor06 Thor06 is offline
Jizzed In My Pants
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Re: Struts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoYesterday
You can do anything yourself. But yeah, that guy probably cut the springs, people who do that generally hold hands with other guys.
Lol! Yeah, dont cut the springs, do it right. I lowered my car myself and it was pretty easy, it only took around 3 hours. I got Springtech struts and Sprint springs and I think they ride fine, I cant speak for the AGX/Sportline combo, but it seems that most people have that and like it. If I were to do it again, thats how I would go.
__________________



Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Thor06's Avatar
Thor06 Thor06 is offline
Jizzed In My Pants
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Struts

or AGX/Prokit... sorry
__________________



Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Classicrocjunkie's Avatar
Classicrocjunkie Classicrocjunkie is offline
Lifted GMT-360!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,258
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Classicrocjunkie
Re: Struts

Our cars are probably the easyist to do suspensions with. Having the soild trailing arm is nice in a way, makes the rear extremley easy to replace everything. Only tools you'll really need is a good metric socket/wrench set. Smallest you'll need should be 10mm, and largest will be 22mm with a few inbetween there. On the prokit/agx combo.... good stuff.










.... and just because I am a photo needing person, I like to do the same.



front wheel..



Rear wheel..



stock...yucky...

__________________
Please don't PM me with your J-body Issues. Post appropriately in the forums,
and I will toss my opinion in your thread if I have anything to help. - Thanks!


2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer
2010 Glastron GT 205XL
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Classicrocjunkie's Avatar
Classicrocjunkie Classicrocjunkie is offline
Lifted GMT-360!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,258
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Classicrocjunkie
Re: Struts

uggh.... spring compressor, jack, jackstands, those too... lol.
__________________
Please don't PM me with your J-body Issues. Post appropriately in the forums,
and I will toss my opinion in your thread if I have anything to help. - Thanks!


2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer
2010 Glastron GT 205XL
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Wizardrule's Avatar
Wizardrule Wizardrule is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out this link its excellant for your purpose.


Do it yourself Lowering Koni Yellows and Eibach prokit
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Performance


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts