-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-17-2005, 08:56 AM
Styledoesntscream Styledoesntscream is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 112
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Le Mans

Will there be an F1 in Le Mans this weekend?

Also: does anybody know if you can buy a ticket at the gates over there.

Cause I really want to go but havent bought a ticket online: is that a problem or not?

If I can buy a ticket in Le Mans (which I very hope so!) then I'll go on sunday and will leave Holland at 4 am (ouch!). Saturday I have to work:-(

So can please anybody tell me if I can buy an admission ticket at the gates in Le Mans?

Thanks.

Patrick T.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-17-2005, 09:57 AM
F1 monster F1 monster is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,136
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Le Mans

Yes, you can.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Styledoesntscream Styledoesntscream is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 112
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ok! Then I'll probably be in Le Mans this sunday:-D

Know how much it costs?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-17-2005, 01:05 PM
F1 monster F1 monster is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,136
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Le Mans

About 50 Euros, if I remember right. Try to sneak in, though. It's not that hard.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-17-2005, 01:35 PM
Styledoesntscream Styledoesntscream is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 112
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Le Mans

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 monster
About 50 Euros, if I remember right. Try to sneak in, though. It's not that hard.

really???
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-17-2005, 03:30 PM
F1 monster F1 monster is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,136
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Le Mans

!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-18-2005, 08:07 AM
jcsaleen's Avatar
jcsaleen jcsaleen is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,596
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Re: Le Mans

I want to go to Le man so bad! I just got my High res camera fixed too

The best part is audi's got more restrictions this time around so hopefully some more competition.
__________________
Quote:
"Driving a Mazda RX7 on the track for the first time was very cool ? this is a production car that most
resembles the movement of a formula car in my experience so far.
" ~ Igor
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-18-2005, 08:30 AM
Styledoesntscream Styledoesntscream is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 112
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Le Mans

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 monster
!
Can you tell me where the best places are to sneak in?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-18-2005, 08:30 AM
Styledoesntscream Styledoesntscream is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 112
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Le Mans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsaleen
I want to go to Le man so bad! I just got my High res camera fixed too

The best part is audi's got more restrictions this time around so hopefully some more competition.
Will you also go tomorrow? (sunday)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-20-2005, 10:01 AM
cabrio92's Avatar
cabrio92 cabrio92 is offline
www.McLF1.com
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,760
Thanks: 318
Thanked 129 Times in 69 Posts
Send a message via MSN to cabrio92
Re: Le Mans

Hello,

Style, I was at the "parade" on friday and saw the F1 "MAC IP" driving in the town but not viewved after.

The car was seen in Paris on sunday too but unfortunately for me, nobody call me to say this news

Pics soon

Ciao
Phl
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-20-2005, 11:13 AM
HUMMERH1's Avatar
HUMMERH1 HUMMERH1 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hate to just pop up randomly and ask question(Coz don't normally post)
I love the McLarenF1 as well, so may I ask what place the McLaren GTR came in the LeMans yesterday? I checked the paper today, but it wasn't in the top ten.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-20-2005, 11:51 AM
rr_ww's Avatar
rr_ww rr_ww is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Le Mans

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERH1
I hate to just pop up randomly and ask question(Coz don't normally post)
I love the McLarenF1 as well, so may I ask what place the McLaren GTR came in the LeMans yesterday? I checked the paper today, but it wasn't in the top ten.
McLaren did not participate AT ALL in the Le Mans 24hr race of 18-19 June 2005.

I do not believe that any McLaren cars ran in the smaller Historic race on Saturday morning either.

Slightly Off topic.
I have heard rumours that McLaren have been approached by a "customer team" about helping develop the Mercedes SLR Mclaren into a GT1 / Le Mans car.

How true that is I cannot know.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Arjan Arjan is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi everybody,

I've been @ LeMans for four days and have seen / heard the F1.
Off course I made pictures, with my phone (bad) and with a prof. camera.
Sadly, I was looking where the car was parked and asked a lot of peoples, but nobody knows.

If somebody is interested, let me know and when the good pics are developed, I can send them to somebody who can post them.

Btw.
LeMans was HOT, on saturday afternoon the temperature reached 37 degrees in shadow. But it's the best event you can imagine, if you 're a car fanatic off course.

ciao,

Arjan
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-20-2005, 01:30 PM
Peloton25's Avatar
Peloton25 Peloton25 is offline
McLaren Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 8,632
Thanks: 714
Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25
You can send the photos to me and I will share them with the group.

[email protected]

Can you confirm whether the car had a blue interior by chance?

>8^)
ER
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Styledoesntscream Styledoesntscream is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 112
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Le Mans

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrio92
Hello,

Style, I was at the "parade" on friday and saw the F1 "MAC IP" driving in the town but not viewved after.

The car was seen in Paris on sunday too but unfortunately for me, nobody call me to say this news

Pics soon

Ciao
Phl
oh my god, how bad that I had to go to school on friday:-(
Saturday I had to work.

But sunday was my big day and had a great time in Le Mans. Loads of great cars!
But I regrett that Mac:-(
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > McLaren > F1


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts