|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Greetings to you all,
We have an 89 Caprice, 305 TBI, with about 170,000 miles on it. It been a good car to us, but the A/C has caused us problems. The blower motor will blow in all speeds, all day until the a/c is turned on, then, eventually, within 20 minutes the first time, the fuse pops and no fan (blower). All speeds are dead. After the first time, the fuse will pop very quickly, no longer than a minute. I turn the vent or heat on and there is no problem. Since this problem was discovered, the compressor was replaced. Obviously, it didn't fix the problem. I hope you can give me some help. Maybe some ideas as to what to concentrate on. This is basically my wife's car and I'd really like to get my 96 Impala SS back from her. Thanks in advance for any and all help, Kurt B. |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 89 Caprice A/C blower
Well let's start with the obvious first I guess...
Are you using the right size of fuze? Second will it blow the fuse only when the blower motor is on HIGH or will it do it on any of the settings - Talking about the first time the fuse blows... PS - I have a FSM that I could scan some of the pages on diagnosis for you if needed.
__________________
CD 1991 W41 #142 1989 Caprice 9C1 1997 C1500 1997 Bonnie SE 1998 Olds 98 LS Recently updated: http://forums.b-body.org Last edited by CD Smalley; 06-10-2005 at 10:19 PM. |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Sorry, CD, I thought I posted a reply on Friday night, but apparently not. Anyway, yeah, I'm using the proper fuse. It pops the fuse at any speed, anytime. The Haynes manual, as everyone knows, sucks. The FSM pages for this would be awesome.
Thanks for your help. Kurt mrimpala(AT)netzero.net |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 89 Caprice A/C blower
You've got mail... Lot's of mail...
__________________
CD 1991 W41 #142 1989 Caprice 9C1 1997 C1500 1997 Bonnie SE 1998 Olds 98 LS Recently updated: http://forums.b-body.org |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 89 Caprice A/C blower
Have you checked the relay for the blower? It wouldnt be a bad idea to replace it because there only like $9 at advance auto. Mine was acting up when i used heat and after i replaced the relay there was no problems.
__________________
ASE Master Certified before the age of 20 Current Cars: 2001 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 5.3L 1996 Acura Integra LS B18 1.8L Past Cars: 1990 Buick Estate Wagon 5.0L 1987 Chevy S10 2.5L Tec Four 1995 Pontiac Grand Am 2.3 Quad 4 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2L AWD 1991 Ford Tempo L 2.3L 1992 Buick LeSabre 3.8L 1997 Buick Century 3.1L 1996 Lumina APV GT 3.4L 2006 Ford Escape 3.0L XLT |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|