-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Diecast Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community
Diecast Car Modeling Discuss and show diecast vehicles that you have modified, or that you have collected.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Scale-Master's Avatar
Scale-Master Scale-Master is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,735
Thanks: 21
Thanked 114 Times in 108 Posts
Torpedo Jones

Machined the Aluminum 4 cylinder, Air Cooled, 2 Stroke, Fuel Injected, Dual Ignition (w/Magneto) with Tuned Exhaust.
Machined the Steering Wheel, Hood Ornament/Radiator Cap and Fuel Cap too. Photo Etched wire wheels...
Oh, it's 1/64th scale... - Mark


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-08-2005, 01:18 PM
KrNJuN's Avatar
KrNJuN KrNJuN is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Torpedo Jones

Simply wow. Good work once again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-08-2005, 01:42 PM
ClearHooter ClearHooter is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 263
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Torpedo Jones

Did you know this was fashioned after a real race car? A 1911 FIAT S76 It's 4 cyl displaced 28,353cc's and would take it to about 210kph! That's haulin' butt on balloon tyres. I'll post you a pic when I can find it. Yours looks good by the way.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-08-2005, 01:49 PM
mike@af's Avatar
mike@af mike@af is offline
Captain Over Engineer
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,711
Thanks: 27
Thanked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to mike@af Send a message via AIM to mike@af Send a message via Yahoo to mike@af
Re: Torpedo Jones

Simply Astonishing.
__________________
-Mike
AF Director of Media / Photographer

[email protected] | AutomotiveForums.com | Flickr Gallery
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Scale-Master's Avatar
Scale-Master Scale-Master is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,735
Thanks: 21
Thanked 114 Times in 108 Posts
I found this shot, but you know us customizers... can't leave anything alone... - Mark
Click here: http://www.shorey.net/Auto/Italian/Fiat/1911 fiat s76 4-cyl 28,3-litre - felice nazzaro.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Scale-Master's Avatar
Scale-Master Scale-Master is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,735
Thanks: 21
Thanked 114 Times in 108 Posts
If you copy and paste the whole address into the browser, it will work, sorry... I build better than I do internet stuff... - Mark
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-08-2005, 06:28 PM
ClearHooter ClearHooter is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 263
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Torpedo Jones

Yep! That's it. That's the first time I've seen the left side. I always figured the exhaust came out that side. I suppose those two rectanlge ports are for exhaust? Makes one wonder how they kept from burning valves. I see the 1912 model did have a header. One can only imagine the noise a 28+ litre engine would create. I understand the things were pretty competitive.

The treatment you did on this one actually makes the car look smaller.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-16-2005, 11:26 AM
m @ y's Avatar
m @ y m @ y is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Torpedo Jones

Super deatail work, I love it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-16-2005, 08:18 PM
n2oinblood n2oinblood is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 283
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Torpedo Jones

you have some serious skill man.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Diecast Car Modeling


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts