|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Long work days, long work weeks and record breaking rain caused my R1 to sit in the garage of about 2 or 3 months. Even though the R1 wasn't seeing very much action, I still went out to the garage and warmed up the engine for a little while to get the juices flowing.
A long time ago when I went from a scooter to a Ninja, the scooter sat for about a year. It ceased to work because the fuel became gummy in the carburator. The mechanic charged me a dick and a ball to fix it, so I swore I would never let that happen again. Anyway, the R1 is sputtering at low speeds. It feels like it's running on three cylinders and then the fourth cylinder kicks in at higher speeds. The bike was just fine prior to any of this. I checked the spark plugs, wires, air filter and fuel filter; it's all in good condition (new fuel too). The cycle doctor wants to charge me $500 to install a jet kit. It seems like a jetting problem to me. If it is a jetting problem, why not upgrade to better jets! $500 seems like a lot of dinero. Has anybody had similar problems? |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 2000 R1 is feeling ill.
i have similar problems with my jetta.. at idle it seems to miss and not run on all cylinders.. but as soon as i get it about 2000rpm.. its fine.. its just wierd.. have yet to find the problem.. havent checked my injectors though.. guess that would be a possibility...
if i were you... check prices from just having them install the kit to installling new jets all together... then (if you are mechanically inclined) check to installing them yourself.. thats just what i would do.. im just broke and do all my mechanic work.. whether i know it or not... gosh i love haynes manuals ...
__________________
Life has its little suprises... and sometimes you with you could return them. 2006 CBR 600rr 1996 VW Golf GTI (2.slow) 1978 Chevy C-10 (350ci) |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
i had a similar problem with my work ute.
my symptoms were: no power under load at low revs but at about 3k it kicked back in. idle was rough. being a company car i just kept it near redline all the time. anyway our "mechanics" tried everything from new exhaust to brand new injectors. i got the shits and replaced the high tension leads and the problem disappeared. just to be on the safe side i also replaced the distributer cap because it looked a bit tired. problem solved after two years of bullshit from mechanics
__________________
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 2000 R1 is feeling ill.
I thought it could be the spark plug wires, but with 15,000 miles, I thought the bike should be too young to have these kinds of problems. I just don't want to replace a bunch of things if I don't have to. I guess I'll have to purchase the shop manual and try to trouble shoot before replacing things.
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|