-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-05-2005, 05:48 PM
bolognaman bolognaman is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
97 grand caravan blower problem

I've read through the previous post about blower issues and still have yet to find a solution. My quandry is that the blower will work when the vehicle is cool, but not work when the vehicle is warmed up or has been sitting in the sun. If I start the vehicle while cool and get the blower working, it will continue to work until the vehicle is turned off, and then not work when the vehicle is turned back on (i.e. stop at a gas station). Could this be a bad piece of circuitry that is only referenced on startup? Is there any way to check for problems (pull codes or something) with out a check light coming on? Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-06-2005, 08:56 PM
RESTREC RESTREC is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had a similar problem but in a 88 Caravan where "how old the car is" issue has to be considered. The blower would start whenever it wanted, until I had to hit it with my hand and it would work. What happens is that the small motor inside the blower wears out just as a wiper or alternator, until one day it stops, and the blower has to be changed, just as I did with mine and the problem got solved. In a newer car like yours I am inclined to think it is an electrical intermittency, which means somewhere in the wiring circuit related to the blower it is connecting and disconnecting. Sometimes a bump in the road or the temperature itself can influence this. Wait and see what other guys can comment on this so you can have a better picture but that is what I think. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts