-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-01-2005, 10:31 PM
C43AMG C43AMG is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1994 TRANS SPORT 17" RIM INSTALL

Whattup!? After lookin on the net for someone who has put a decent set of rims on a Trans Sport and lowered it I came to the conclusion that there is not one single Trans Sport out there that doesn't make you laugh when you look at it. Whats the deal with the tri-spoke rims that GM put on all the older model Trans Sports? GM is in love with damn ugly rims. Anyway, just for fun and because I have a few bucks to spend, I decided to buy a set of 17 inch chrome rims with Yokohama rubber to put on my lame-ass 94 Trans Sport. I test fitted the wheels and they fit perfectly, but because of the floating suspension the van sits too high over the wheels. Which brings me to the point of this post. DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW WHAT ARE THE CHEAPEST SUSPENSION COMPONENTS FOR A 1994 TRANS SPORT THAT HAS STOCK 15"s BEING UPGRADED TO 17"s.??? BECAUSE I'M LOOKIN AT ABOUT A 3.0-3.5" drop in the front and about an inch in the back I doubt I'll find what I'm looking for. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-01-2005, 11:18 PM
cdru's Avatar
cdru cdru is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,194
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: 1994 TRANS SPORT 17" RIM INSTALL

Your lowering your over a decade old dustbuster minivan 3"+ and putting larger wheels on it? I weep for you.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-02-2005, 08:31 AM
nicke66 nicke66 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 191
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1994 TRANS SPORT 17

" Any information would be greatly appreciated."

If you really want to go forward with this and ruin the van, cut one turn of each front suspension spring, and take the fuse out for the compressor. This is the cheapest way to lower the van.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-02-2005, 01:57 PM
C43AMG C43AMG is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1994 TRANS SPORT 17

I'm not stupid, I don't plan on cutting springs as the already shit Pontiac ride will be even shittier. I just need to know if there are any springs that can go on this van. They don't have to be dirt cheap but something not too expensive.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-02-2005, 02:04 PM
C43AMG C43AMG is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: 1994 TRANS SPORT 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdru
Your lowering your over a decade old dustbuster minivan 3"+ and putting larger wheels on it? I weep for you.
Believe me I've already wept for myself. Listen I'm not doing this to be cool but this van is a hand me down and is getting me through college. I'm doing this for the van, not for me. When I got my hands on the wheels I'm talking about I said what the hell, I'll throw them on the van and pimp my shit ride. Mind you, I always thought that the old Trans Sport's styling was ahead of it's time and in my opinion looks better than all the American minivans out on the market today. The funny thing is I've never seen a Trans Sport with decent wheels on it and lowered. I pi$$ed my pants lookin at some of the Trans Sport's on this site though. I think there are a lot of pot smokers that drive Pontiac vans.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-24-2005, 10:33 PM
mikey86 mikey86 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1994 TRANS SPORT 17" RIM INSTALL

lol i wanted to lower mine too :P all ive done so far is installed a system wiht two 12s a 1200Wamp some highs and thats about it :E i tihnk the transport might look nicer lower to the ground and mabey a bit of body work, it can be a nice project car, a little shave here and there it might turn out pretty decent looking.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-25-2005, 01:21 AM
C43AMG C43AMG is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 1994 TRANS SPORT 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by C43AMG
Believe me I've already wept for myself. Listen I'm not doing this to be cool but this van is a hand me down and is getting me through college. I'm doing this for the van, not for me. When I got my hands on the wheels I'm talking about I said what the hell, I'll throw them on the van and pimp my shit ride. Mind you, I always thought that the old Trans Sport's styling was ahead of it's time and in my opinion looks better than all the American minivans out on the market today. The funny thing is I've never seen a Trans Sport with decent wheels on it and lowered. I pi$$ed my pants lookin at some of the Trans Sport's on this site though. I think there are a lot of pot smokers that drive Pontiac vans.
Yo whats up? Finally another crazy motherfu#@er thats doin up his Trans Sport. You know what man, I realized that finding a way to drop the van without doing something stupid (like cutting the springs) is a huge hassle. Finding parts is next to impossible. What I'm gonna do though is just put the rims on stock. I'm not gonna drop it. It'll still look better than with the shit trispoke wheels it has now. I'll post a pic of the rims and how they looked when I test fitted them a couple weeks ago. Are you the same guy that posted pics of the system install? I got a system inside my van too. Anyway I think my van's gonna look pretty dope. I'll keep all the Trans Sport enthusiasts out there satisfied. Peace.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts