|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Turbo Boost To High
Okay I have a 98 eclipse with a 2.0 liter N/A engine. I have a garett t-25 installed from a 95? eclipse. I just recently fixed an exhust leak on the manifold. My boost was 11psi at first but now that it's sealed up it will go up to 18psi and the wastegate no longer opens? What is wrong with the wastegae and why is the boost so high? How can I get it back down to 11 or so?
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Turbo Boost To High
first of all i don't know why you're boosting at 11 on a n/a engine, ESPECIALLY a 420a. you can boost safely around 7-8 on a 2g n/a engine. i'm surprised you haven't blown it yet but i wouldn't drive it (or even run the motor) until you get that fixed. do you have a mbc?
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Turbo Boost To High
I'm running 11 because I have low compression pitsons in..weisco 8.8:1. I didn't just put the turbo on without internal upgrade. MBC? I am very new to this I usually am a Pushrod V-8 type of guy but I assume your reffering to a boost controller which I do not have.
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Turbo Boost To High
mbc = manual boost controller
i think your boost problem is caused from the wastegate not opening. there was another guy on here recently that had a similiar problem (i think, don't quote me on that). do some searching and you might find your answer. |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Turbo Boost To High
thanks, how easy is it to get a manual boost controller and is it easy to install?
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Turbo Boost To High
easiest install you will ever do....about as complicated as putting a cd into a cd player.....ok not THAT easy but you could teach a chimp how to do it.
you can get a joe p mbc for $40 will work fine. www.boostcontroller.com
__________________
Need a GOOD 6-bolt engine? Quote:
'95 Talon Tsi EVO III GT, supporting mods, not running Brand new never opened, walbro 190LPH fuel pump for a 2g $65 shipped. |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Turbo Boost To High
As for the wastegate not opening though? any thoughts, i'm having a hard time searching the forums to find anything?
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Turbo Boost To High
The wastegate or actuator is broken if you are getting higher than 10psi. A boost controller can only increase boost over the actuator's spring, not reduce it. If the wastegate did not open at all, you would be getting higher than 18psi, probably around 23 depending on elevation.
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|